Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #76 - May Flowers!

 
 
 Hey Everyone,
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a great break...
I did! I had my sister, brother-in-law and their 3 gorgeous
kids staying with us for the 5 day holiday (the ANZAC Day
 holiday was thrown in there for us in Australia) and it was really
 nice catching up, doing a bit of shopping, having coffee and
 we even managed to fit in a trip to the gym which was just as
 well seeing that we did indulge in eating a bit of chocolate
...ok, a lot of chocolate, but it's once a year...right, LOL!!
 
Ok, enough of me rambling on...
This week our absolutely gorgeous Krafty Girl
 Andrea
is hosting this week's challenge and Andi would like
 you to use "Flowers" on your creation...
 
That's right,
 "Flowers" to celebrate the coming of spring in Canada...
 
Only I have one small problem.... Living in Australia makes it
Autumn over here and it's getting cold and the leaves are turning
brown...And there's not too many flowers left, BUT,
 what Andi wants, Andi gets...No, seriously people...
She can be mean ;0) Only Kidding!!!...Andi is gorgeous!!!
 
Anyhoo, before I get myself into serious trouble...
Here is my card...
 
 



For this card I thought I would use April's SFYTT. I think I
have just scraped in by the skin of my teeth...




I used one of Kimmie's "Krafty Quotes". This one is from set #1.
The set features wonderful and uplifting phrases that can be the focal
 point of your project or a complimentary accent. They are perfect for
scrapbook pages, altered items and scrappy cards!


This set features quotes from Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball,
Louisa May Alcott and Mother Teresa. You will receive them as a
 sheet of deeply etched, completely unmounted rubber.
Each sentiment measures approximately 3.25 x 1.5 inches
and only cost $16.00 US.

The papers are from Bo Bunny and is called "Olivia Baby's Breath".
The border punch is from Fiskars the lace from Spotlight and
the flowers are from Prima.


 
 
I decorated the inside with more of the papers and the 
"Happy Birthday" is from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment Set.
 
 
Ok,
now, if you would like to play along with us all
you need to do is head on over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
checkout all the details and then go and make a
A card using FLOWERS on it ...Easy!!!

AND if you use a Kraftin' Kimmie image you could
win the very gorgeous new fairy image of
Isabelle that Andi has featured on her
card today...
 
 Oh... And I just thought I would pop these ratbags on....
 
 

From left to right... Ella, Cam, Ben, BJ, Brooke, Ryan and Emily.
I know, you are thinking "How can Donna call these gorgeous angels rat bags?"


See for yourself....


 
 I kinda like this shot better...LOL!!!
 
 
 
 
 Thanks For Looking!!
 

10 comments :

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning card, Donna! Love your take on the April SFYTT!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card!! All of the details are so fabulous!!

Amanda R said...

Love this card Donna! Love absolutely every darn thing about it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, your card is icredible as always but the " rat pack" steals the show! Glad you had a great visit with family over the Easter holiday! {hugs} Tracy

Jen Shults said...

Holy moly girl!!! this is STUNNING! I love the papers and you ROCKED that sketch for sure! Seriously stunning!

uhooi said...

The cards are very good and interesting,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Andrea Murdock said...

first-as always your card rocks my world girlfriend!!! If I could please just have a wee drop of your talent I would really appreciate it...pretty please? ;P

Second-I will take the gorgeous comment hee hee. Love it and love you xo

Carolyn said...

Love this card Donna! All of the details are so fabulous!!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Angie said...

Your card is beautiful. But I giggled to myself about the comment about the "rat bags" too funny. I love the 2nd photo... Really cute!!

Unknown said...

I am so entertaining. I think my favorite b-day ritual is probably getting the birthday call from my mom. She always sings happy birthday to me.
clowns Miami