Sunday, September 6, 2009

TTSC # 10



It was my youngest son's birthday today...He turned 10...I am sitting here shaking my head and wondering where did all that time go?....

Cam is not really a demanding kid...In fact he is quite a loving and very huggie (don't ask me where he gets that from as I'm not really a very huggie person) sweet natured, caring boy who does get into trouble every now and again (who doesn't)... But knows right from wrong. Warning... Extremely proud mum sitting here!

Anyhoo, as I was saying he's a cruzy kind of kid who just takes life as it comes and deals with it....
So for his birthday he only really wanted 2 things, a DSi and a Mummy Card (that's what he calls my creations). I told him that...And please don't think I am mean...But, I told him that if he wanted a DSi he was going to have to save and buy one of his own, since he has a perfectly good DS lite at his disposal and if he wanted I would give him a bit of money towards his goal but I was not forking out nearly $300 dollars... Being Cam he was quite happy with that arrangement and since I have told everyone else to give him cash too...I really don't think that it will be that long before he purchases the said item in question....

So, to actually celebrate his birthday, tomorrow I am giving him the day off school and taking him to the Royal Adelaide Show...
It is his first time and he is really looking forward to it. We are going with Wendy, Emily and Ryan and plan to have a day of rides, show bags, hot donuts, fireworks and fun....

And as for the other thing he wanted, I decided it was a good excuse to use Dani's
Twilight Tuesday Sketch Challenge 10.....


To make his Birthday Card....


I got my Greeting Farm, Skater Ian stamp last week and knew it was perfect for a 10 year old's birthday card...Well heck, any boys birthday card!


And this is the inside before I wrote in it!

Paper: Paper Salon, Bazzill
Stamps: TGF-Skater Ian, Hero Arts
Ink: Versafine-Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon, Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" folder,
Prisma Pencils, Star Punch
Technique: Distressing, Colouring with pencils

So, if you want to join in on this fantastic sketch challenge by our beautiful Dani head on over to
Twilight Tuesday and checkout the rules..... You have one more week to do something spectacular with this awesome sketch.....

Lots of Twilight Love


Donna
Xx



22 comments :

COCO said...

happy birthday cam, you are a darling. i send a cococuddle to you my huggie pal. mum did a great job on your card, she is so very , very clever. hope you get your dsi soon, keep saving buddy.
don, i e-mailed tattered angels , i had alot of trouble getting it through so hopefully they like what i sent. i appreciate your encouragement. i am lonely and what you said is true.love ya hon. made a card tonight for my uncle and will post it tomorrow once i take a photo. its a goody xxx coco

Alicia said...

What a gorgeous card!!! A huge Happy Birthday to Cam, as well!!

I definitely don't think you are mean for telling him to save for the DSi (especially if he's already got a DS lite)! My parents were of a similar mind and I believe I turned out the better for it. Be proud of yourself for teaching your son to understand the real value of money!

Good to find a blog by another Australian too!! Hope your weekend has been great.

Leish

Alison said...

Ooh! That is so rad! I'm sure your boy will think it's a rockin' card! Isn't this a grat sketch to work with too??? Fantabulous job Donna!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Woo Hoo! Happy B'day!!!
10 is such a cool age ;)

... your card is pefect! I LOVE IT!!! I also love the sk8bord inside the card! Very cool! and like always, your layering and coloring is awesome!!!

Enjoy your festivities! Have fun!!!
:*)

Jacqueline said...

Happy Birthday to Cam!! Hope the day was filled with fun and ready for more fun tomorrow!!

This card is perfect for Cam! Great way to use the sketch...this one has me a bit baffled!
Big Hugs to you both, Love you!

Alyssa S said...

Too too cute! Love the little skateboarder ;o)

Happy birthday to Cam!!

Yvette said...

Awesome card! Love all of your layers and the skateboard is just too cute!

Happy Birday Cam!!! Sounds like you will be having lots of fun tomorrow! :)

Linda said...

Hey Donna! What a perfect card for your young man! Happy birthday, Cam! And have lots of fun tomorrow! Aloha, Linda

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Great card for boys!!!

WickedPixie said...

This is a Fantastic Boy Birthday card! (Happy Birthday to your son!) Love the papers you've used, and I always love Skater Ian!! :-)Traci

ellepaulette said...

I hope your sweet boy has a Happy Birthday!

Thank you for using the TTSC! You did an awesome job as always!! :)

susy said...

Hey Don, love the card, very cute. Tell Cam I said happy birthday and give him a hug from me. Wow 10, time does fly. I think you are doing the right thing with the dsi, it will make him much prouder when he finally gets it after paying for it himself.
Have fun at the show
Xx

Lainee said...

Once again you have excelled, Donna. I am sure that Cam will love his card.
Thanks for being such an inspiration to me as I just cased another of your brilliant cards. Check out my blog to see my version.
Anyway, have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Cam, Hope the money comes in handy for the show and DSi. Love the card, now you have to start on Ella's lol. xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your son!
And great card!
Hugs,
em

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this card is fabulous...perfect!

enjoy *~*

Erica said...

I love, love, love this card. You create such beautiful work every time and I am just in awe of what you do. I love this card and your son will love it too. Tell him Happy Birthday for me!

Steph said...

OME Donna, this is just incredible! and the inside! I always have trouble doing the inside of the card, but you make it look so easy! TFS!!

Jennifer said...

WOW, your card is AWESOME! I love anything you do.

Sam said...

Such a cute card Donna. I am sure your little guy loved it. Hope he had a wonderful day at the show!

Thanks for the link to the new rubber coming out......Muhahahahaha!

:-)
Sam.

Jen Shults said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to your son!! And holy moly is that a great card! I love the inside as much as the outside. Fantastic job with the sketch. :D

Angie Blom said...

I just love this sketch so much that I had to go do it .. fantastic card I love everything about it.