Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TTIC # 47 and TTSC 11 - Mary Alice Brandon: Her History...


Is it already Tuesday??...Wow...Everytime I keep thinking things will slow down and I will finally catch up...It's already the next week and I haven't caught up at all!!.... Anyway enough of me going on and on about running out of time... Because the up side of having your days and weeks disappear from you life is that there is only 57 days until New Moon comes out and I can't tell you how excited the girls at Twilight Tuesday and I are about this...It seems like we have been waiting forever for this movie to come out... At least we won't have as long a wait with Eclipse....

Now down to business..... This week's Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge is by are very sweet and beautiful Julie.....


"Mary Alice Brandon: Her History"





Julie writes:

"Our theme is week is specifically about Alice's past, before she met the Cullen Family and was known as Mary Alice Brandon.

Craft Portion: Depict an aspect of Alice's history. You can take you inspiration from what we know from the actual Stephenie Meyer text, or you can use you imagination to depict something that could have happened in Alice's past.

Comment Portion: Talk a bit about Alice's gift. Would you like to possess her ability to see the future? Do you think that that would be a blessing or a curse?

Well Julie didn't you come up with a very interesting challenge...

COOL!

We all love Alice.. She is Edward's conscience, Bella's best friend, Rose's rock, Emmett's little sister, Esme daughter, Carslie's guide and Jasper's everything.... She is the glue that helps hold the Cullen family together.... Alice is definitely one of my most favourite characters in the
Twilight Saga...And also one of the most intriguing.....

For this challenge I thought I might use our beautiful Dani's TTSC 11 and kill two birds with one stone and all that.... Dani does the best sketches and if you can, go on to
Twilight Tuesday and see what amazing work this particular sketch has inspired....




So ...This week I did a bit of thinking (yeah, I can hear you...rare I know...) and sort of wanted to focus on Alice's personality... We all know Alice as a bubbly, excitable and enthusiastic kinda girl who also has an enormous capacity for love and a die hard PASSION FOR FASHION...

Now, I know this isn't exactly what Julie asked for, but even before Alice loved the Cullens and Jasper....I bet she loved couture!

And she would have been around to enjoy all that fantastic 20's, 30's and 40's fashion?!!
So that is what I focused my card on!

Alice and her fashion....


I fell in love with this Graphic 45 DP and had to have it cause it was so pretty...Never realising that it would be perfect for this challenge! I wanted to keep it in a vintage style and so I used brown's, blacks and lace...I even embossed the swirl stamp down the side...


I used a drawing I found on Deviant Art by a really talented artist called R-becca and because I used the TTSC 11...things just fell into place....

Paper: Graphic 45, Bazzill
Stamp: Penny Black-Deco Border
Ink: TH Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories: Lace ribbon, Fiskars Border Punch, Scrapbook Factory Deluxe
Technique: Distressing, Embossing


Yes, I know I said I would use a different distress ink on my card Jen...But the other's wouldn't have gone....Next time, I promise!!!

Alice's gift...A blessing or a curse?... I really think that it would be a bit of both... I mean on one hand it would be great to see what was coming around the corner...But on the other hand sometime surprises are a good thing... So I would say, for me, that it would be a bit of both....

Now if you want to play along with us.... Please do cause you really will have so much fun....
There are just a few guideline for you to follow....

For Posting On A Blog: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site.

For Posting On Another Gallery, Such As Splitcoast Stampers Or Flickr: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate keywords for our challenges; an example is TTIC47 for challenge 47. No number signs (#) or spaces are needed in the keyword. You can also add in more general keywords for Splitcoast/Flickr (such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge, etc.). Thanks for you help with this!

Comments/Posting You Link: Please leave a comment with the link to you challenge piece to tell us that you played along with us! Then we can visit you and leave lovely comments for you! And don't forget that leaving a comment on Twilight Tuesday will get you entered into this months blog candy giveaway!


Now it's the fun part.... Please checkout what the Twilight Tuesday Design Team have come up with....I can't wait to see everyone's work!!!

Alison ~ Dani ~ Erica ~ Eve

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

Lots Of Twilight Love





15 comments :

Jacqueline said...

This is pure perfection!! That paper is gorgeous...I am SO jealous ;) The vintage colors work so perfectly for Alice!! The layout is gorgeous too! Everything works so well together!! LOVE it and Love you!

Alison said...

This is SOOOO cool! I love the drawing you used, and the Gaphic 45 paper you used is perfect! Amazing work!

Yvette said...

Donna, your card turned out fabulous to say the least! Great job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Alice looks stunning in this picture! I love how you chose to do all brown tones too! It's perfect!

Julie said...

Oh, how beautiful this is! And just perfect for Alice. Doesn't Graphic 45 have gorgeous paper?! Totally Alice -- beautiful job.

ellepaulette said...

What a lovely card! Soooo Alice!
Great paper and use of TTSC11! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This card is breathtaking and flawless! It's the perfect Alice! I love it so much! Beautiful job, Donna :*)

Erica said...

Jaw meet floor, floor meet jaw. Wow. This is amazing! I love the paper and the drawing is beautiful. You keep talking about that sight and now I really need to check it out. This card is just...WOW! You have outdone yourself this time!

Jen Shults said...

wow, I love how you incorporated Rebecca's drawing, it printed beautifully. This is just perfect and stunning and a bit ethereal just like Alice. I LOVE it! :D

Anonymous said...

WOWEE!!!! what an awesome card donna-it's beautiful :)

you are so talented-can't wait to see some more!!

xoxo
sarabeth

Anonymous said...

I love the sketches that you use they are awesome, just like your cards. xx

Eve said...

Everything about this is amazing. The level of detail is fantastic!
LOVE it.

Lainee said...

Just love that Graphic 45, Donna. Your card is fabulous, the picture is great and the tonings are well done.

Randi said...

This is so amazing Donna! I love the papers you used! And that sketch you found is beautiful! This is such a perfect interpretation of the challenge! Hope I get to play along this week! It's a great one!

Rebecca said...

Love the Graphics45 paper with your project, its absolutely stunning!