Friday, September 18, 2009

Friends with Flair Friday and a TTBDB Challenge...


I love a sunburnt country and this land with sweeping plains...I love the ragged mountain ranges, drought and flooding rains.... I love the far horizons...I love the jewel sea... I love her beauty and her terror ...It's the wide brown land for me....
What I don't love is living here and having to wait for my new Unity Stamps to arrive.... I am soooo jealous, Roll on the end of the month!!!

So, now that I have had my dummy spit for today.... It's time for....

"Friends with Flair Friday..."

This week for my card I have used the August KOM Stamps ...
I really wasn't sure about this stamp when I saw it, but I thought I would challenge myself and see what I could come up with....



I decided to keep this card pretty simple and wanted the stamp to be the main focus....Hope it worked!!

I used my Prisma Pencils to colour in the image and did a little bit of distressing...

Stamps: Unity August KOM
Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Versafine-Black, TH Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon, EK Success Border Punch
Technique: Prisma Pencils, Distressing


Ok, so now you need to go and checkout all the ladies that are so very talented and totally rock who are participating in this weeks Friends with Flair Friday....
Head on over to the Unity Blog and and leave them a little bit of love!

BUT

Before you go.... Check this out....



We at Twilight Tuesday have a new challenge.....

Beth writes:

Twilight did a wonderful job of capturing our hearts and minds, and bringing us into a world we may not have ever dreamed of before. Who knew a vampire could be so loving, caring and passionate? As an avid reader of paranormal romance, I know first hand how wonderful it is to immerse myself in a world so similar and still so different from my own! Twilighters ache for Edward. Now I offer you a new series that has gripped several of our faithful readers in our Books with Bite forum, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, by JR Ward. If you have read the series, you know what I am talking about. While this series is similar to Twilight in a few obvious ways: vampires living in current-day America, living on the fringe of society but not "known" to them, and passionate characters. This is not your teenager's Twilight, though. These are adult vampires, using adult language and living very grown-up lives. While I loved Twilight as much as anyone, I can only relive my high school years so long before I start to feel old!

The BDB books captured the "feelings" I got from Twilight, and I can honesty say that these are my favourite series books. The writing is unique and vivid and the characters are to die for. You will get to know each brother as they were real. If you have not read this series, I highly recommend that you visit our BDB forum for links, reading order and "ratings".

I am excited to offer up the first
Black Dagger Brotherhood Challenge. Our debut challenge will be simple and based upon the first book Dark Lover, the story of Wrath, the reluctant king of the Race.

Theme: Dark Lover. This is the first book in the very unique and intense series of
the Black Dagger Brotherhood, By JR Ward

Challenge: Create a project that captures the essence of Dark Lover - be it Wrath, or the Brotherhood in general, as this is our introduction to their world in modern-day Caldwell, NY. Explain what it is about the series that "grabs" you ~ since the vast majority of the BDB fans are fiercely passionate about their Brothers!

Ok...So I LOVE this series... It totally sucks (no pun intended) you in and you just cannot put these books down... I am only on my 4th book and if you are into the whole paranormal, vampire thing I can personally recommend this fantastic series.....

So for the challenge I came up with this.....



When I think of these vampires I think of ancient elegant race...In the book they have an aristocracy (not that the Brotherhood think very much of them) but it sort of reminds me of grace and beauty...and Beth, Wraths lover and queen.... So I found a quote that Wrath pledges to Beth in the first book and used that for the basis of my card
" Whatever you want of me, you can have."



I picked this paper because of the swirls and the font because it went with everything else...lol!

Paper: Fancy Pants
Ink: Versafine-Black, TH Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Buckle
Technique: Distressing


Now, some of the other ladies at Twilight Tuesday absolutely LOVE these books as well so please go and see what magic they have come up with....

Beth and Tia ~ Alison ~ Jacquie

.....and if you want to participate in the awesome challenge please go to Twilight Tuesday and read the guidelines.

Lots Of Twilight Love




35 comments :

Alison said...

I love your Flair card! That stamp is really pretty! And the quote you used from BDB is perfect! I'm so glad you started reading these books!

Beth said...

THESE ARE GREAT! Omigosh - I LOVE the Wrath card! AMAZING!!!

Christi said...

OMG! That Unity image is one that I haven't used yet, but you have inspired me. I will get it inky! This card is gorgeous!!!

I haven't read that series yet, but it is sitting in my cart over on Amazon...I think that I need to go push the purchase button. Thanks for the push!

I just adore your style...it is so gorgeous and inspirational. Thank you for sharing!! smiles...

Jen Shults said...

WOW D!!! These are great. That Unity one seriously knocked my socks off. It's stunning beyond words. And your black dagger one is fantastic too. You are just amazing with these. XOXO ~J

Judy Rozema said...

Your FFF card is just so classy and gorgeous!! Love your blog too!

Digital Grrl said...

I love your cards. You do fabulous work. I love the way you laid them out and the color combos. Gorgeous.

ellepaulette said...

Both cards are just flat out wonderful!!! Don't worry about not having the new Unity KOM, I don't either!!! As for the BDB card, LOVE THAT SAYING! Sigh.

Kim said...

Your Flair card is beautiful!

Diane (djuseless) said...

OMG, both cards are great! I especially love your Unity card! I need to find some of that DP!!! TFS!

Jacqueline said...

These are both SO amazing!!! I really love the colors of both and the buckle is to die for...I LOVE when you use them!!!
The quote is perfect for this challenge...Awesome coloring too! Love you!

Yvette said...

Donna, I LOVE your FFF card! Love how you layered the back of it. I have that same stamp, but am guilty of not using it! Thank you so much for the inspiration you give! Have a fabulous weekend!

Erica said...

Both cards are awesome! I love our new layout too! Fabulous!

Rachel Hope said...

They are Both great...Love the bird with the Early Bird paper!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are both amazing love your work!!!

WickedPixie said...

Both cards are fabulous (your Unity card is especially stunning!!) and now I have a new series to look for! Thank You!! (I am off to check out the books With Bite forum!!):-)Traci

klasickewpie said...

Very nice FFF card. You did an amazing job using the stamp.

Monika in VA said...

Totally awesome cards! I haven't read the Brotherhood books ~ but am going to have to make a point to go to the library to check one out!

Randi said...

I love what you did with the Aug KOTM image! The coloring is SO beautiful!!
Love all those shades of green you used!

Amazing TTBDB creation! That is such a gorgeous sentiment! Too fun!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous Donna! I love your use of color. That image just pops off the card.

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely STUNNING cards!

Rona said...

Very very pretty stamp!! I don't have my kit yet either - it didn't ship until today.

Sara Henton said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous colors in the Unity one. It just seems to pop right out at cha

Unknown said...

Woweeeee! I had a hard time with that first image and you knocked it out of the ballpark! I LUV it and your style...fabulous!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your unity card is gorgeous. The colors are so vibrant!

Your Wrath quote just makes me melt. Gorgeous card!

Samantha said...

love how u used the Unity stamp, it is a beautiful card, perhaps the best i 've seen with that stamp, such a wonderful color combination

FibreJunky said...

Oh gee, thanks! Make me go find new books to read...

Love both cards...and yeah, I'm off to Amazon to find that book...

4guysandagirl said...

Your cards are AMAZING!!!!

Angie Blom said...

just a stunning card Donna, I love all the layers of paper on it, and love the Twilight card as well, FABULOUS!!!! Xx

CarlaKH said...

That Unity card is beautiful- love the colors and the composition- and the other cards are fantastic too!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your Unity Flair card is so cute and sweet!

... and,ohmy! I cannot wait to get my hands on these books! My sis picked up the first one in the series for me today and she is so sweet to be stopping by early tomorrow morning to drop it off!!!
Your card is impeccable! I love everything about it! Such elegance and that quote is sooo... mmmmm! ;)

Lisa H. said...

wow! that Unity card is awesome-love the vibrant blue!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fantastic cards!

Gwen said...

LOVE your FFF card! Great colors!

Alyssa S said...

Wow! Love your cards! The pairing of the stamp and DP on the first is just perfect! I love how you layer everything too - it just adds so much to everything you do ;o)

Lainee said...

Donna, Donna, Donna! Two totally different cards but both very exciting. The Unity card is WOW! Love everything about it.
The Black Dagger card is in a field of its own. Your creative genius is outstanding, I look forward to more of your great creations.