Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Free Broom Rides Anyone?


I am so excited! Mainly for you guys, cause now you get to see and play with these fantastic new stamps but mostly for Jen and Tonya because I know how hard they have worked to get these out and it's sort of like seeing you baby off to school for the very first time!

Let me introduce you to...

"Wild Flower Kids Stamps"


This set is called "Free Broom Rides" and isn't Ivy cute! When I first saw these I desperately wanted to get my hands on this little witch and her cat!


This set is called "Ghoul Friends" and I think I would have been just as happy to get these as well! Don't you think Jen has done a AWESOME job designing these stamps...

Anyway, I saw this really cute little card on TGF gallery the other day...It was all round and gorgeous and I have never made a round card before so I really wanted to give that a try and thought my project for this release would be the perfect opportunity...I have also never made a Halloween card so that was going to be another first!

Here is what I came up with....


Last week I had the chance to go into the city (thanks Susy) and stock up on some Halloween supplies, because I really don't have any at all... Cause you all know we don't really celebrate Halloween here right! But, it was surprisingly easier than I thought... And I had it on good authority that if I bought Orange, Purple, Green and Black I couldn't go wrong!

Anyway, to make the card I found I didn't have a circle big enough for my card so out came my trusty cereal bowls and I cut one out myself...I don't think I did too bad of a job...It's a bit wobbly in some places...lol!


Then I coloured in my cute little witch and her cute little cat with my Prisma pencils and cut them both out, used a bat border punch to do the middle bit added ribbon and there you go! My very first Halloween card! Hopefully is does justice to Jen's stamps!

Stamps: Wild Flower Kids
Paper: Pink Paislee-Twilight Collection
Ink: Versafine-Black, TH Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: EK Success Bat Border Punch, Ribbon, Prisma Colour Pencils
Technique: Distressing, Cutting


Now, the absolutely fantastic and awesome ladies on the Stamp Sistahs Design Team have all made something wonderful to show you...Please go and check them out!

Alyssa ~ Gayle ~ Jacquie ~ Leigh Ann ~ Sarabeth ~ Stephanie

And then go and see what our Senior Design Team have come up with:

Tonya ~ Julie ~ Jen ~ Beth

Now, I owe Alyssa a BIG apology cause I have just realised I left her out from the list last week..So SORRY honey...Won't ever happen again!

In case you want to buy these stamps...And I know you do! These stamps can only be bought from Tonya's shop Stamp Happens so please go and support Jen (and Beth) and buy these fantastic, awesome and gorgeous stamps....







22 comments :

COCO said...

wow don, this is soooo.. cute. i love the witch. sandie would love this too i am sure, your colouring is amazing. well done for making it round too. you are so clever my darling. the creative genius is at work on this blog too, it looks greatt xx coco

Sandie said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!
I'm not really a purple girl but I think this colour combo works soooo well.
Thanx for sharing!!
Cheers xxxxxxx
ps - if you cut the bottom of the back of the card straight, it helps it to stand up??? I hope so anyway!! hee hee hee

susy said...

This is awesomely cute, love it. I can't wait to see what other non halloween stamps(although I can see possibilities for Frank and the vampire for non halloween cards) the girls bring out, I hope they are cute as these and I hope they are soon,lol.I love round cards,they just have a something extra. And thank you for the trip to the city, I would have been in a terribe pickle with out you, you were awesome, love you. Xx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'll take a free broom ride.. except I'm afraid of heights, so nevermind!

This is a fabulous card and I love that it's round. I love circles!

Alison said...

Love! So cute! You def. have the right colors! If you need to be schooled on Halloween, you can def. ask me! But, looks like you really don't need any help!

Jacqueline said...

For not having Halloween you seem to sure know the colors!!! ;) Your round card is amazing and I LOVE every little last detail! You are the most talented chick I know and I am proud to call you my friend!! Ivy is gorgeous!

Congrats on your Mojo-rific win!!
Love you!!

Beth said...

What a great project!! LOVE the round card! beautiful - MASTERFUL, as always! :)

Jen Shults said...

Wow Donna! This is fantastic! I love everything about this and for a girl who doesn't know much about Halloween, I never would have guessed. Thank you sooo so much for all your hard work on this release. You are the bomb!!!

And congrats on your Mojo win! :D

ellepaulette said...

So cute!! You did such a wonderful job on this. Love it!!! :)

WickedPixie said...

I love Halloween cards and this one is really gorgeous!! Great job on the round card too! :-)Traci

Yvette said...

The stamps are soooo cute! Your card is amazing! Great job Donna!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Your new layout looks really good! Love it:)

Unknown said...

adorable set!

Rebecca said...

gorgeous coloring! You did a wonderful job with this - you're such an amazing card crafter!

Lainee said...

So cute, Donna!

Lainee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alyssa S said...

She's great! Love the bat punch too, such a great addition to an already fabulous card!!

Jennifer said...

I love your new look. The quote in the banner is perfect. GREAT cards too. I really love everything you do.

Angie Blom said...

wonderful card, love those sets of stamps.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular!
Thanks for the constant inspiration!
Hugs..
em

PaperTree Designs said...

you did a fantastic job chicky. This is just gorgeous.
Hugs
x

Steph said...

Ahhh, I LOVE this, her purple coat is just incredible!
Aren't circle cards the coolest? Fab job as always :)