Thursday, September 24, 2009

One More Day...


That's right!!...Only one more day till Beth's
Stamp Insanity "Halloween"
Stamp release
...You are not going to want to miss this...... You are in for a real treat ( no pun intended...Ok, just a little one!).

You will find these gorgeous stamps from tomorrow and Beth's other stamps at Tonya's shop
Stamp Happens


And if you want a sneak peak go and visit the
Senior Design Team
and have a look at what they have come up with....

Tonya ~ Julie ~ Jen ~ Beth

Now, remember to come back tomorrow and see what the Stamp Sistahs have created using these fantastic stamps.....

But while you are here take a squizzy at this.....



Stamp Happens 'Shimmerz' Review

Tonya has asked the Design Team to do a product review for Shimmerz....



Tonya sent me the colour Apricot .... And this is what I wrote for my review....

Normally I love to use Shimmerz, I find it the perfect thing to give that "something special" to a card or a project. But unfortunately with the Apricot Shimmerz I was left feeling a little disappointed.
After trying a few different techniques, I think the best way to work with Apricot Shimmerz is to use a base colour underneath. Either coloured card stock or by colouring in your image first with pencils or Copics. I also found that you only need to use a few layers because a lot still won't help make the colour darker or bring out the shine of the Shimmerz any better.
Personally, I found this particular Shimmerz hard to work with and because I like using vibrant colours I found this colour to be a bit insipid. Mainly because the colour is so light.
But, on the other hand, if you are just after a subtle hint of colour and shine, Apricot Shimmerz might be the perfect thing for you.

Ok... So I did a sample and made a card with this particular Shimmerz....




I stamped a flower and then coloured it with my peach Prisma Pencil before I layered the Shimmerz on and with the close up hopefully you can see the Apricot Shimmerz...



Then I made this card and used the Shimmerz on the flower petals.



And this is the result of using the Apricot Shimmerz....

As I said I like Shimmerz...But just not this colour personally...
If you are interested in using Shimmerz...Please feel free to go on over to
Stamp Happens and read the rest of the reviews on this product....

Thanks For Looking


11 comments :

Alyssa S said...

Gorgeous, Donna! Your cards continually amaze me!!

Steph said...

Holy Hannah! for a colour I wouldn't normally grab, and that you didn't particularily like, I LOVE your card! geesh~ you're incredible!! I love the layering on the flower and I'm sure the Shimmerz looks spectacular IRL. Love the browns and *gasp* the distressing as usual!!

Erica said...

Cool card! Love the colors and paper (as always). The "pearls" are a perfect touch!

Jen Shults said...

This is a great and really informative review. I know you don't like that color but your card really did turn out awesome. And I'd have to say huge kuddos to you for making lemons into lemonade. :D This is spectacular. :D

Yvette said...

Great review and a very pretty card Donna! I love your flower with the layers. Your work is always sooo beautiful!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful!!!

Tonya Klar said...

Wow Donna! This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for the review!!

Jacqueline said...

OMG I swear I didnt mean to forget a comment for you!!! I LOVE this, I KNOW you did not like this color but you made something perfect and beautiful just like you!! The flower is amazing and the papers compliment this so perfectly!! Love yoU!

PaperTree Designs said...

As always sweetheart this is just gorgeous! Even though you didnt like the colour you have done an amazing job. Love it.
Hugs
x

Randi said...

I think this turned out beautifully! I could not tell you were unhappy with the color, because the result is spectacular!! The layered flower is SO incredible!! I love the pearls you added!

Lainee said...

Gorgeous card, Donna. Love what you have done with the flower and the colors you have used are great. A little tame for you though!