Friday, September 25, 2009

A Little Bit Of Flair...And A Bewitching Witch!


Ok... I am being a bit sneaky and cheeky here and going to fit two post into one!
The first section of this post is one of my most favourite things to do on a Friday and that is....

Unity's....

"Friends With Flair Friday"


I am still waiting to get my September KOM stamps but while I am waiting it really gives me a good excuse to use every single one of my August KOM stamps...Good plan huh!

Anyway... I have used this stamp before but I love it and love
finding different ways I can use it and this is my latest creation...


Last time I used this stamp I went with a LOT of pink so I decided to go in the other direction and use blue....




My really good and all round fantastic, lovely, talented and gorgeous friend Jen sent me a Martha Stewart Border Punch this week so I just had to use that!!! And I got carried away with my layering...Again!


This is just a close up shot of the heart stamp...

Stamps: Unity August KOM
Paper: Basic Gray, Bazzill
Ink: Versafine-Black, TH Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Accessories: Ribbon, Martha Stewart Border Punch
Technique: Distressing, Prisma Pencils


After you have finished my post....And please read the rest cause I have something very special to show you! You need to to visit the Unity Blog and have a look at ALL the very talented ladies that are participating in this week's

Friends with Flair Friday....


Now for the second part of my post....

So, I promised yesterday that you would be in awe of these fantastic and gorgeous new stamps from Beth who is the creator and owner of ...


Beth is releasing 3...Yes 3 new sets of stamps today...And you can find these gorgeous stamps at Tonya's shop

Stamp Happens....


The first stamp set is called Morgan's Spell.....

Isn't she adorable...I LOVE this design...It is my favourite out of all of them...

The next one is Halloween Henry...


Don't you just love this little vampire...Ummm remind you of any hot vampires...Ok, maybe not, he's too cute.... But a girl can dream can't she.....

The next is Morgan's Love...

I love this set as well...In fact I love all of them....

Now Beth kindly sent each and every Stamp Sistah a stamp set to play and create something with...And I am so lucky cause I got my favourite!!!

Here is my Morgan's Spell.....



I am not sure about this card..To me it doesn't flow quite right but...The thing I like most on it is Morgan...I LOVED colouring her in using my Prisma Pencils that I bought from Tonya's shop Stamp Happens... And then I decided to cut her out and put her on the moon and then I cut the moon out...I like making more work for myself...
(she says's with a hint of sarcasm..).


This is just a closer shot of Morgan and you can see made her sit out from the card....

Stamps: Morgan's Spell-StampInsanity
Paper: Pink Palisley-Twilight Collection
Ink: Versfine-Black, TH Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Accessories: EK Success Border Punch, Kaiser Craft Pearls, Ribbon
Technique: Distressing, Prisma Colour pencils.


Now it's the fun bit.... I always like this bit....Time to see what the
Stamp Sistah's
Have created.......

Alyssa ~ Gayle ~ Jacquie ~ Leigh Ann

Sarabeth ~ Steph

and

Deb


And when you have finished with those lovely ladies
go visit the Senior Design Team:

Tonya ~ Julie ~ Jen ~ Beth

Thanks For Stopping By...




36 comments :

PaperTree Designs said...

love these cards sweetheart. So pretty. Love the darkened edges you do so so much.
x

Christi said...

Girl, your coloring is just incredible! Both of these cards are beautiful!!! smiles...

susy said...

Gorgeous Don, just love that littel witch...

Alyssa S said...

Both your cards are amazing!! I know it was a ton of work to cut Morgan out but the impact makes it worth it! Love both your cards ;o)

Steph said...

*THUD* holy Cannoli, Donna!!!
These are insane!
I love everything about them, too much for words, so just stopping here.
XOXO

Jessica Diedrich said...

You do know that your work makes my heart flutter, dont you?!?! Your coloring is so fabulous on this and love your distressed look too!

Jacqueline said...

Blue Heart...Brilliant!! Love the punch, what a sweetie that Jen is...Now I need to get my hands on one of those punches so I can be cool too! :) ok, Morgan card...this could not be more PERFECT!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, colors, layout, details, embellies...I could go on and on, it is just so perfect!! Wow! Love you! (P.S. what I said last night is SO true!)

Erica said...

Great idea with the blue heart! The Morgan card is just breath-taking. I love how you used the scraps from the edge punch to place the little bats everywhere. I also love the touch of the pearls close to the circle. Wonderful cards

Jen Shults said...

I think I've decided I want my punch back. You can't make cards that cute with it cause my punch is going to get jealous. Seriously. ;)

These are both amazing. I LOVE the colors of the first one. It's just genius and your little card with Morgan! What on Earth were you thinking cutting her out like that!!!! You are crazy girl. But the finished result it stunning. :D You Rock!! :D

ellepaulette said...

I love your card! Everything about it is wonderful, great details!! :)

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Stunning cards! I love that Unity stamp too and I really like how you've used it with the blue.

Kim said...

I LOVE this card!!! The colors are wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Donna, these are gorgeous cards...and I luv that heart in blues...fabulous!

Yvette said...

Donna, your cards are amazing! Love the stitching and layers on your FFF card. The blue is very pretty. What a very sweet gesture of Jen to send you that border punch!

Now your lil Miss Morgan card turned out sooo adorable! Love the paper, color combo, and of course the layers! :) You did a fantastic job coloring the moon and Morgan. Cute sentiment too! Ohh, and to use the bats from the border punch is just clever! You really did make this card flow beautifully!

WickedPixie said...

Wow, these are both GORGEOUS! The Unity one especially has me in awe at the beauty!! I love how you combine certain colors with that little bit of ink distressing....stunning! :-)Traci

Kerry said...

Fabulous cards! I love that you used non-traditional heart colors for that first card...it turned out very pretty!

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a beautiful Unity card! I love that cute witch too!

Monika in VA said...

Gorgeous! Love the blue heart & the distressing! And WOW ~ that Morgan card is awesome! Love the little bats everywhere & how you popped her out!

whoistracy said...

Donna these are just fabulous! Your Unity card popped off the screen at me over on SCS. Love it!

Unknown said...

beautiful card, love the colors you used.

Diane Jaquay said...

Wonderful cards; love that MS punch (I think I "need" that one lol!)

Karen and Kyle said...

Beautiful cards!

Suz said...

Beautiful Unity card. I love the colors & that border is just perfect

Beth said...

Oh Donna! You are so talented! I *LOVE* that Unity card... and the Morgan card took my breath away! Thank you *so* much for sharing your amazing talent with us. You are awesome! ♥ xx

Julie said...

Love everything, including your blog! Very nice!

Randi said...

WOW!!! I love all of these! Look at the crazy amazing detail!! You rocked the coloring!! I LOVE that Morgan's Spell set! It is fantastic!! Course that card you made showcases it perfectly! And, now I must buy it!

Randi said...

Okay, I got so excited about the Morgan set, I forgot to tell you how much I loved your Unity card!! I wanted that winged heart so badly. But I skipped that kit. What was I thinking?!?! It's now my favorite stamp and I don't even own it!

Your card is STUNNING! The colors, the DPs, the details....amazing! I hope you submit this for publishing!

NinaB said...

I love all the layers on your card, so pretty.

Eve said...

Fantastic job Donna! I love these stamp sets. I just have to figure which one is my favorite so I can order it. I think I have my mind made up and then you gals make another little pretty with a different set- and it shoots it all to heck! I guess I will have to get them ALL! Thanks so much for sharing!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your witch is quite bewitching! Excellent work as usual!

ANAT S said...

wow

gorgeous work!!!
love this!!!!!

Angie Blom said...

fantastic cards.. love just everything you do. and the shading is so wonderful, I need to practice that more. Xx

Lainee said...

Both cards are absolutely fantastic, Donna. Love the blue heart and the punch you have used as well. Donna, you rock!

Lisa H. said...

welllll, it's another fabulous Unity creation by you. love that heart. hope your Sept. kit arrives soon. hugs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!!!! Your attention to detail is incredible! Stunning!

sarabeth

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your cards are oustanding! I love the crisp lines and layering, perfect coloring, wonderful details - everything! Your style is so unique!!! I love it them so much!
TFS :*)
~ margie