Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TTIC # 48- Bond Between Brothers...


It's Tuesday!!...Ok, to be perfectly honest it's Tuesday night as I am writing this post...But, at Twilight Tuesday...It's Tuesday... I just used Tuesday 4 times.... Either my new job is getting to me and I am tired...Or, I am just rambling... I think it's just rambling....

Anyway...It's Tuesday...And you all know what that means.....
Twilight Tuesday Inspration Challenge time....

This week our challenge has be chosen by the urber talented, sweet hearted, awesome, wonderful and gorgeous Jacquie......She has picked...



"Bond Between Brothers"



Jac writes: As the New Moon movie release approaches we are seeing amazing pictures of the Wolf pack who become Jacob's Brother's. In New Moon the wolf pack play and important part in Jacob's life and the effect they have on the Quileute community. The also effects the Cullen family. The Wolf pack has a treaty with the Cullens and in time see that they all need to work together to rid Forks of the bad Vamps. This week we will be focusing on the bond between brother's and how we apply that to our human lives. Women can learn on each other and be strong all on our own but now and again we need that male presence as a brother, husband, best friend as a grounding force....A safe place to be, We see that in Bella's need for Jacob.

Craft Portion: Make something that reflects brotherhood....Be inspired by the wolf pack, Edward, Jasper and Emmett. Even the relationship between Bella and Jacob. Make a scrapbook page or a card for your brother, maybe a book for that special guy in your life. Celebrate brothers in anyway you like. This would be a great chance to find all those awesome pictures of the New Moon Wolf pack!

Comment Portion: Talk about the brotherhood in your life...Do you have an amazing brother that has been there for you through thick or thin? Do you have any guy friends that have had your back when time got rough?


... I don't have any brother's... I just have one awesome, fantastic sister Cindy who is not only my sister but one of my best friends.... So I couldn't really tell you about a brother bonding experience... But... I do watch my sons everyday! And even though they fight and Cam sometimes has a hard time adjusting to having an Autistic brother.... they do love each other...... So for this challenge I decided to make a layout (she cringes with horror) of them....

"My Boys"




When we went to Penola for my Dad's 65th birthday I was lucky enough to get a snap of them both together...If you know my son's you would know that this occurrence doesn't happen very often...In fact it quite rare...LOL!



I bought this "brother's" die cut a really long time ago in the hopes of doing a layout of the boys, but kept putting it off until now when Jac suggested this challenge! Thank's Jac...


Paper: Paper Salon, Bazzill
Ink: TH Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories: Brother's die cut, Star die cut, Stars, Ribbon, Photo holders
Technique: Distressing, Painting



Now if you want to play along with us this week we just have a few guidelines to follow...


For Posting To A Blog: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site.

For Posting On Another Gallery, Such As Splitcoast Stampers or Flicker: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate keywords for our challenges; an example is TTIC48 for challenge 48. No number signs (#) or spaces are needed in the keyword. You can also add in more general keywords for Splitcoast/Flickr (such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge, etc.). Thanks for your help with this!

Comments/Posting Your Link: Please leave a comment with a link to you challenge piece to tell us that you played along with us! Then we can visit you and leave lovely comments for you. And don't forget-leaving a comment on Twilight Tuesday
will get you entered into this months
blog candy giveaway!!


Ok now for the best bit.... Go and show the
Twilight Tuesday DT some love....


Alison ~ Dani ~ Erica ~ Eve

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

Julie is out sick this week...Hope you feel better soon hon!

Before you go though...Please meet the newest member of our family.....



This is Jasper


And yes..He is sleeping on my computer....



Isn't he cute...We think so.....

Lots Of Twilight Love


18 comments :

susy said...

Oh Don, Jasper is adorable(cat's must have a thing for compters, ours likes to walk all over the key board or sit on it), your layout is adorable and your photo of the boys is adorable, do you see some sort of theme here,lol. So you've started the new job? Let me know what days you are working so I can ring and chat.
Xx

Jen Shults said...

Oh MY! I'm about to gush profusely. That layout is amazing Don. I mean like seriously knock me on the floor wow. I love the die cut. That is the coolest thing I've ever seen and I love how you used it on something so dimensional. And it's paired so well with the paper and the picture. Really fantastic. And your kitty! Oh, he is so cute. I'm getting to the point where I might be interested in getting another pet. We haven't had one for a few years but I'm thinking I could be talked into a cat. :D

Jacqueline said...

let me continue Jens gushing!! IF I can find the words...the Brother word that is the coolest thing I have ever seen~ The papers are perfect, you worked whatever problem you were having with them because they work AMAZING!! A little tear came out seeing your boys, seems to do that everytime. They are so sweet like this a memory to cherish forever!
Jasper is adorable!! awww he is the cutest!!
you do wonderful pages, I LOVE it, just like I LOVE you! big hugs!

WickedPixie said...

That is a GORGEOUS layout (why are you cringing???)
Your new kitty is so adorable! It makes me want another one! Mine loves to walk across the keys as I am reading my "google reader" so it quickly scrolls to the end and I lose all of the new blog posts that I am following and haven't read yet! On second thought, maybe one kitty is enough!! :-)Traci

ellepaulette said...

Oh My Goodness! What a wonderful layout! I feel the brotherly love!! :)

And what a sweet kitty with the perfect name! I miss having one.

Erica said...

Every week I think you can't out do yourself and every week you do. I love this layout. I don't know why you cringe in horror because you do such a good job at them! I love the colors and the dp goes great together perfectly! I love everything about this! The picture of the boys is awesome! If you don't get them very often, be thankful you got such a great one this time :) Jasper is adorable. Did you get to name him ;) The pic of him sleeping on your computer is priceless. Also, love the site you were checking out! LOL!

Alison said...

You, my Dear, never cease to amaze me. This layout is stupendous! You REALLY need to give yourself more credit!!! It's perfection. Totally.

Alison said...

Oh! And your kitten...SO sweet! I love when they are so tiny!!! Good luck with that new little baby!

Beth said...

Ok - I wish I had something witty and complimetary, Don, but REALLY! You are beyond them!!! This is such an amazing piece! The picture alone is phenomenal - but everything else just puts it over the moon! You have such a gift for piecing elements together - it is unreal! SO beautiful. AMAZING.

And how freaking CUTE is Jasper!

Yvette said...

Oh my my! Your layout is gorgeous! Love the brothers die cut! The colors and dp is fab fab FAB!

Jasper is adorable! What a sweet addition to your family! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Welcome to the family sweet lil Jasper! Oh so cute!!!
What a handsome layout, Donna!
Wow! That paper and those colors, stunning!!!
Beautiul job :)
~ margie

Eve said...

Wow- this is amazing Donna! I love the way that die cut looks. It is too cool and your subjects are adorable as well!
LOVE Jasper- very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cam told me about the kitten and told me not to say anything to the girls, but I could tell Ben. Told him that was telling the girls!!! Very cute. Can't wait to see you, not long now. Miss you xx

Lainee said...

I don't know how you do it! Day after day, week after week, you continue to produce the most amazing cards and layouts, Donna, you are amazing.
Thank you for introducing the newest member of your family to us as well.

Rebecca said...

OMW!!! I love your kitten - look at his stinkin' cute face! Have fun :-) kittens are *the best*! I wish you didn't live a squillion miles away, I'd be over there to see that kitten in a heartbeat!

And your layout is AMAZING! The pic is perfect and the die cut works out fabulous!

Alyssa S said...

Cute kitty ;o)
Your layout is fabulous - love that Brothers die! Your boys look too sweet in that picture. Having a boy myself, I realize that capturing that is a rarity! lol Great job! ;o)

Randi said...

Such a stunning layout! I love the dimensional "brother" die cut! Fantastic!! The color combo looks incredible with that pic!! This layout is a work of art!!!

Your kitty is TOO adorable!! Look at those beautiful eyes!! Great name, too..wonder how you came up with that?! ;o)

Angie Blom said...

Wow Donna, STUNNING!! I love the title and the way it all came together, you are amazing but you know how much I love anything and everything you do. Jasper is such a cutie.. love everything. Xx