Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TTIC # 45 - Welcome Back, Margie & Name Your Challenge!


Well.... It's that time of the week again. And what a week it's been...I am still getting over my dad's 65th birthday party and it's only Tuesday and sooooo much is happening.....

This week for the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge our beloved and awesome leader (yes, this is me shamelessly sucking up) Tonya had actually picked a totally different topic for this week's challenge.... But, with the growing business of her online store
Stamp Happens and getting ready to release 2 new stamps lines, Wild Flower Kids by Jen and StampInsanity Stamps by Beth she has just been a tad busy to put it mildly...So, not wanting to disappoint all you Twihards out there this week, Tonya has chosen to give us this instead...

"Name Your Challenge"

Challenge Portion: Is simply to create any Twilight themed project you desire and share it with us! No hard thinking this week!!

Comment Portion: Is to tell us if you are getting excited about the New Moon premiere coming up and if you are making any special plans for it.


So a pretty easy challenge this week...I was actually going to cheat and put all my favourite Twilight themed cards and projects up and then I thought ohhhhh what the heck.... So I pulled out a stamp that I never thought I would use and decided to do that....



Ok, yes, I am not a big Jacob fan...Anybody who knows me knows I am Edward girl... But this card is a "thank you" for someone pretty special...And she totally loves Jacob....



Paper: October Afternoon, Bazzill
Stamps: Artful INKables - Into The Moonlight and Fictional Inspired
Ink: Versafine - Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon
Technique: Sewing and Distressing

So, I mention before that it has been a really big week for me...Well, not only me but for the whole Twilight Tuesday Design Team.... But first, before we get into that I just wanted to say a huge "Welcome Back" to our gorgeous Margie....
So glad you are back with us sweetie...

Ok, back to it.... Are you excited?...I am....

Tonya writes: "Wow! This summer has flown by hasn't it? (actually, no, it has been a freeze your butt off kinda winter...but let's not quibble) The kids are all starting back to school and I'm exhausted! How about you all? This week, we have some major announcements so I'd like to begin with those.

* Next Tuesday, September 8th, will be a vacation day for the TTIC team. We'll return to our scheduled challenges the following Tuesday. Everyone have a safe and happy Labour Day!

* Design Team Changes! I am very pleased and excited to announce that the entire guest design team has been asked to become permanent members of the TTIC DT. They have all accepted and we're very excited to continue as a team together!

* Additionally, Jacquie has been asked to be the design team manager (YOU ROCK JAC) and she has accepted. Thank you, Jacquie! We're excited to have your help!!

* Finally, both Beth and I are going to serve as more "honorary" type design team members than permanent ones. So this means we won't be playing along each week. We have good intentions to play along, but as most of you probably know by now, we've both started business ventures that are demanding our immediate attention. You can check out our personal blogs for more info on that if you like.

DID YOU READ THAT???? I am a Twilight Tuesday Design Team Member!!!!
WoooooHoooooo!

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am about this.... Thank you to Tonya and all the members of the Design Team for this fantastic opportunity!!
And congratulations to Ali, Erica and especially our new team manager Jac!

So go show the girls some love and congratulate the newest members of the Design Team:

Alison ~ Dani ~ Eve ~ Erica

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

&

Tonya



Ok, so if you want to play with us at Twilight Tuesday please go on over to the site and check out the guidelines we have... And while you are there go and visit the forum and have a quick look at the blog candy that's up for grabs if you leave a comment on any of the posts....

Still doing a happy dance!

Lots Of Twilight Love


Donna
Xx

10 comments :

Alison said...

Woo Hoo! We are so lucky to be on the Design Team for good!!! I think this card is great. How cool that you challenged yourself to try out something new. I think it came out fantastic! The colors are really beautiful and you did a great job coloring the wolf!

Erica said...

Can I just tell you that every week you create my new favorite card. The colors are PERFECTION! Again, I am swimming over to steal your paper collection :)

Jacqueline said...

I am screaming I LOVE this card sooo much!!! WOW OH WOW! the colors are amazing, the coloring perfect and the layers are elegant! I cant say how happy I am we are all part of TT now! Love you!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Yippeee! Congrats to you, sweetie!!! and thanks for the shout out ;)
OMJ! What a stunning card! With your card and the way Jacob is looking in the new movie, I'm actually on a teeter-totter, LOL!
Beautiful DP and colors!

ellepaulette said...

Wow! What a wonderful card!! Everything about it is perfect, from the colors to the layout!! You are just super talented!!! :)

susy said...

Congrats Don, well deserved. Any special plans for the movie,mmmmmm, not sure,lol. I have your card from Jane, was going to give it to Sharon this weekend but now she is not coming it will have to wait,let me know if Andy is coming down at all and I can give them to him? Love the card dearie, but then I always do :-)
Xx
Oh and how was Dad's?

Eve said...

Wonderful card Donna. I love the colors you used with the wolf image. It is perfect. Well you always use the perfect colors! Congrats congrats congrats!

Jen Shults said...

I'm so happy you are staying with us!! It's been just amazing working with you so far and I'm sure it's only going to get better. :D

This is a fantastic card. It's sort of a new look and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. That paper is beautiful and you combined everything together so well. I'm sure your Jacob fan will love it!!!

Julie said...

Donna! I'm so, so thrilled that you're staying on the Design Team! It's been fantastic working with and getting to know you, and seeing your beautiful work! I love this card -- LOVE that blue paper. Gorgeous, just like you!

Alyssa S said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations lady! I love seeing everything you make ;o)