Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Weekend Away...

Just letting you all know I am going away for a 3 day long weekend today to Penola in the South East of South Australia... It's my dad 65th Birthday and my sister and I are throwing a party for him...

Cindy has done most of the leg work organising balloons, food and all that other stuff ...Not because I'm lazy but cause she lives down there!...And Andy, the boys and I are heading down tonight to help get the rest of the party done! I admit I have had it pretty easy...I was just in charge of his invitations and birthday card....


Which didn't turn out too bad! Hope he likes it!

Paper: Basic Grey, Bazzill
Stamps: Unity
Ink: Versafine Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Scrapbook Factory Deluxe
Technique: Distressing


Ok, so I will be back Sunday night...Have a great weekend everyone!

TFL

Donna
Xx

8 comments :

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a handsome card for your Dad :) I love the colors and layers!
Enjoy your weekend and party!!!
:*) margie

susy said...

I'm sure he wil love it, have fun and say happy birthday to your Dad.
XX

Jacqueline said...

This is just amazing! I so love this paper and color scheme! I am sure he will like it! Travel safely my dear and have a good time! :) love you!

Sam said...

DIDN'T TURN OUT TOO BAD? DONNA Are you crazy? This card is fabulous. Really eye catching, colours, layout..the whole shebang!

Have a wonderful mini-holiday, and Happy Birthday to your dad :-).

Best wishes,
Sam.

ellepaulette said...

Oh Donna! I know your dad will love this card!!
Have a happy mini holiday with your family! :)

mindi said...

What an awesome card. He will be so thrilled! Have fun at the party :D
And I agree that the colors work so well together. It's close to my 1/2 bathroom scheme :D

Jamee said...

i love your card. those colors are perfect together, and i love how you added the stars!

Lainee said...

Your dad will love this card, Donna. Once again you excel.
Have a great weekend!