Friday, September 11, 2009

Friends with Flair Friday....



This is my really good and very talented friend Jacquie's fault....I am blaming her totally and completely.....

She got me interested in the whole Unity stamp thing, which lead to me going onto the
Unity Blog, which lead me to look at ALL the fabulous ladies (including Jac) who use Unity stamps, which lead me to falling in love with these fantastic stamps, which lead me to signing up for the KOM stamps, which lead me here doing my very first
Friends with Flair Friday......

So here it is.....




As you can see I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch and one of the
August KOM stamps...
I have been dying to use this one ever since I saw it, but being in Australia I had to wait...and wait...and wait... But I finally got mine last week..Yah!

I absolutely LOVE this KOM it has been my favourite so far... Well, ok, I have only received 2 but let's not quibble....



I embossed the saying and the little bird and then distressed around it...I don't think it turned out too bad!


Then I stamped the inside with distress ink just to give it something extra....

Stamps: Unity August KMO
Paper: October Afternoon, Bazzill
Ink: Versafine-Black, Tim holtz Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon, Kasier Craft Pearls
Technique: Embossing and Distressing



So, now all you have to do is go on over to the Unity Blog and checkout all the wonderfully talented and lovely ladies that are participating in this week's
Friends with Flair Fridays list... Go on I know you wanna...

TFL





33 comments :

susy said...

Luurve those stamps and what you have done with them, adorable. I'm not going to look at the site because I need another stamp addiciton like I need a hole in the head, but they are soo cute, maybe I'll just take a little peak,lol.
Missing you already
Xx
Oh and how is Andy's back???

Jen Shults said...

Yeah, I blame Jacquie too because I joined the KOM club too. I do love that stamp set!! You did a great job with it and I love the papers. So what is Friends with Flair Friday?? I've not been over to the Unity forums.

Angie Blom said...

OMgoodness.. you make the best cards EVER!!!! I am loving everything you did here. I want to be you when I grow up!!

Jacqueline said...

Oh my I am such an enabler!!! LOVE IT! I dont even have words for this.....your card just takes my breath away...this card is PERFECTION!! Everyone will just love this...you will be a Star!! I am glad I have this to share with you! Love you!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGosh! This is amazing! Love this gorgeous card! :)

ellepaulette said...

Beautiful card!! Love, love, love what you did, Colors and layout are just wonderful!!! :)

Lisa H. said...

yeah! glad you are here. I'm loving your style. great card, great layout and great papers. Unity rocks, doesn't it?!

Yvette said...

This is gorgeous Donna!!! You really are soooo creative!

WickedPixie said...

Gorgeous card with gorgeous colors and papers! I love the pearls, too! :-)Traci

Rachel Hope said...

Awesome!!!! I love that Early Bird paper and how you used it her...great card!

Gwen said...

OK, I say I love a lot of the cards I see but you really raised the bar on this one...it is just AWESOME! I love everything about it!

Randi said...

I LOVE everything about this card, Donna!! The layout, the DPs, and the incredible colors!! Really stunning!
I am looking forward to more of your amazing Unity creations! ;o)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

WoW this is amazing!!TFS!!

Robynccgirl said...

Very pretty! Great job with the Mojo sketch!

Monika in VA said...

Awesome! I love how bold the embossing made the bird & sentiment! Really quite stunning! And so worth the wait!

Christi said...

Oh WOW!!! OMG, this card is absolutely fabulous!!! WOW! I love every single little detail about it! Just gorgeous!!!

...and thank you so much for your very sweet comments on my blog. ;o) smiles...

Alison said...

Love! So pretty! Those pearls!!! The layers! The whole thing! KOM club??? Hmmm, may have to get some info!

JPScraps said...

Stunning card!

Dawn M said...

glad Jacquie made you do it. beautiful!

Unknown said...

Donna, welcome to the world of Unity! We are all addicted too! I LUV this card! the ink embossing looks fabulous with that patterned paper...awesome!

Katy said...

this is a gorgeous card, I love it! Jacquie did good getting you addicted :)

ANAT S said...

gorgeous card!!!!!!!
Love, love, love this

Kelly Mahany said...

Glad to have you with us! I love your style and hope you will be a regular Friend with Flair!!

Purple Princess said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous job with the sketch!!

eryn hannig said...

SOOO glad you took Jacquie's advice! :) your card is AMAZING. BEAUTIFUL!

Juls said...

just fab! gorgeous image and sentiment!! Just LOVE the red dotty paper!! and the pearl detail is just gorgeous!!

Pamela said...

Totally gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE this card! :)

PaperTree Designs said...

love love love this! Me thinks me needs to get some Tim Holtz ink.
x

Lainee said...

Donna, once again a fabulous card. Love the papers and the layout is fantastic.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a stunning card! WOW! I'm on the verge of buying some Unity. Those KOTM's call to me every month but so far I have resisted. I don't know how much longer I can hold out...

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW Donna this is SO gorgeous! I LOVE that CC paper and your choice of color/embellishments. You have a wonderful eye for that!

mindi said...

I'm thinking I need to purchase some custom Thank you cards from you - because I am NOWHERE near as awesome as you are :)

Alyssa S said...

Donna, this is amazing! You always floor me with your gorgeous creations! Congrats on the win too ;o)