Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TTIC # 46 motorcycles And Friendship...



Ok...Well, after a week off at Twilight Tuesday we are all ready and raring to go.... This week's theme by our beautiful and very talented Dani is...

"Motorcycles and Friendship"



Dani writes.... " Have you ever worked with someone and an unexpected friendship developed? In New Moon by Stephanie Meyer we watch a friendship bloom between Bella and Jacob as they rebuild a pair of old motorcycles. I love seeing them change from good acquaintances to having a deep, loving friendship.

I also love hearing about the motorcycles! There is just something about them. While the Cullens have their fast cars, Bella and Jacob had their motorcycles!"

Now For The Challenge Of The Week:

Challenge Portion: I am going to do something a bit different today. You can choose between these 2 challenges:

1. Make a project involving motorcycles.

or

2. Make a project that you work on with a friend.

Comment Portion: Again you can choose either of these 2 to comment on:

1. Tell us about any motorcycle experience you have!

or

2. Tell us about a friendship of yours that came from working together.

Ok....I admit it...Dani you stumped me!!!.... And I actually had to resort to doing a layout.....Of Andy no less....

I personally love the thrill of being on a motorbike. I can always remember as a little girl wanting to learn how to ride one.....Unfortunately my Dad had other plans and really didn't want his little girl ending up possibly hurt or joining a biker gang....

AnyWhoo....
Lucky for me though, I found a guy who would not only take me for rides, but has a great love for them as well.... And last year his dream of owning his very own road bike came true....Took us 14 years but Andy has his very own baby (whom I secretly think he loves more than his own kids) that he can ride around the beautiful Adelaide Hills......




So this is the infamous layout... I only wish I had a motorbike stamp...lol! But anyway this will have to do....



If you know my husband, you will know it is a very rare thing for him to let me take his photo...So you can imagine how proud he is of his bike....



Paper: Kasier Craft, Bazzill
Ink: Versafine-Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut
Accessories: Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, EK Success Border Punch, Circle Punch, Star Embellishments
Technique: Distressing


So if you want to play along with us this week we have just a few guideline to follow:

For Posting to a Blog: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site.

For Posting On Another Gallery, Such As Splitcoast Stampers or Flicker: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate keywords for our challenges; an example is TTIC46 for challenge 46. No number signs (#) or spaces are needed in the keyword. You can also add in more general keywords for Splitcoast/Flickr (such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge, etc.). Thanks for you help with this.

Comments/Posting your link: Please leave a comment with the link to you challenge piece to tell us that you played along with us! Then we can all visit you and leave lovely comments for you. We are big fans of comments... And don't forget leaving a comment on Twilight Tuesday will get you entered into this month's blog candy giveaway!

Before you do that though....Go checkout what the Design Team have done:

Alison ~ Dani ~ Eve ~ Erica

Jacquie ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

&

Tonya



Lots Of Twilight Love




10 comments :

Jacqueline said...

Awww look at Andy all proud of his bike!!! This is a great picture of him! I LOVE this page!! The little notebook paper with words, the colors and everything is just perfect!! You have done such great...awesome...inspiring work, as always!! Love you!

Yvette said...

Your layout is the cutest Donna!!! The bike is really nice as well!! :)

Alison said...

This is fantastic! You don't even need a motorcycle stamp! It's just perfect. Great job!

Erica said...

So cool. Andy looks awesome on the bike and I am sure that he doesn't love it quit as much as the kids, but probably close :) Great layout and I love the pop the green gives the whole thing. Fantastic idea of making the pictures black and white. Awesome job!

ellepaulette said...

This is just perfect! Everything about it just works wonderfully together. Great picture and great layout.

See I didn't stump you!! LOL!!! :)

Jen Shults said...

Wow Donna! This is great. He looks so proud of his bike.

I always love your layouts. I wish I had the skills for layouts that you have. :D

Eve said...

I always have to brace myself when I come here. Otherwise I fall off my chair in amazment- of your talents. Today is no exception! I am blessed to know you! Wonderful job again Donna!

susy said...

Love it Don and I bet Andrew does too though he may never admit it,lol.

Rebecca said...

Love your LOs as much as your card! Wonderfully done challenge!

Alyssa S said...

Ha Ha! While your hubby won't let you take many pics of him, my hubby makes sure there are plenty of pics of him on every new bike he owns (he's a motorcycle salesman, so he has a different bike about once a year!) Love your layout!!