Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TTIC # 43 - A Love Song for Edward and Bella...


Welcome to another Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge post....This week our beautiful Beth has come up with...Well...What I would call....Thought-provoking and a very enjoyable challenge. Now don't get me wrong...All of our challenges at Twilight Tuesday are very enjoyable, but with this one at lot of sitting around and research with the ipod was involved!
This week's challenge...

"A Love Song for Edward and Bella"



Beth writes..."I love music! I relate just about everything I hear in songs to something. I just breathe it in-I FEEL it! So my challenge is going to draw on that. I challenge you to think about the Saga as a whole, and then to decide in retrospect, what Edward and Bella's song should be. It can be a song about a particular part of their relationship, or their journey as a whole. Be prepared to explain!! This IS a variation of a prior challenge, so I ask that you try and go in a different direction if you participated previously! This will take some thought before project ideas even come into play..."

Challenge Portion: Choose a song. Explain why it should be theirs. Share lyrics that are particularly poignant, if you can. Create a project scrapbook layout around this song.

Comment Portion: Do you have a theme song? One that seems to have been written *just* for you? Do tell! You can go as fun or profound as you are comfortable with-it is all good!

So when I first read what we had to do for this challenge actually quite a few songs came to mind... Supermassive Black Hole by Muse..But let's face it, it may be a great song but not really a "Love Song". Then...And this is one of my most favourite songs on the Twilight Album..I thought of Spotlight by Mutemath...But that's my favourite walking song, so that wasn't going to work...Then I thought of Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron and Wire, cause I really love that one, but no that wasn't right either...Of course there is the obvious choice the love song that Rob sings Never Think...But again no...

So after a little playing around on my ipod I found one!!
Now, If you wouldn't mind, what I would like you to do is turn on your sound and then scroll down to my play list and click on the song
"Thinking of You" by Katy Perry.

This is the song I have chosen for Edward and Bella.... I chose this song because it always reminds me of when Edward has already left and Bella starts having feelings for Jacob. Now, we know Bella is all confused about her feelings and this particular song..To me anyway... Sort of describes the conflict that Bella feels about settling for "second best". I always imagine that Bella is singing this to Edward....

You're the best
And yes I do regret
How I could let myself
Let you go
Now the lesson's learned
I touched it I was burned
Oh I think you should know

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What would you do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Oh won't you walk through
And bust in the door
And take me away
Oh no more mistakes
Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay...
Stay...

And this is the layout I came up with...



So, I was sort of stumped as to how I was going to to achieve this layout...Cause you all know how much I love doing them...NOT! Anyway, I decided to keep it pretty simple and well this is it!

I punched the heart out and embossed it with clear embossing powder and stamped down the side with a flourish stamp. Photo Shopped the photo of Rob and KS making them colour, black and white, sepia and a bronze colour...Used my Scrapbook Factory Deluxe for the title and for the lyrics down the side (that Twilight font comes in handy) and ....There you go!

Paper: Basic Grey, Bazzill
Stamps: Penny Black-Deco Border
Ink: Tim Holtz-Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories: Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, Heart Punch
Techniques: Embossing


Lets go and see what the other beautiful ladies have done this week:

Beth ~ Dani ~ Eve ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

And Guest Designers:

Alison ~ Jacquie ~ Erica

Tonya, Jen and Julie are taking a break this week

Now if you want to partake in this fantastic challenge we just have a few guidelines to follow:

For Posting to a Blog: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site.

For Posting on another gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers or Flickr: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate keywords for our challenges; an example is TTIC43 for challenge 43. No number signs (#) or spaces are needed in the keyword. You can also add in more general keywords for Splitcoast/Flickr (such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspration Challenge, etc.). Thank you for your help with this!

Comments/Posting your link: Please leave a comment with the link to you challenge piece to tell us that you played along with us! Then we can all visit you and leave lovely comments for you. And don't forget ...leaving a comment on the TT post will get you entered into this months
blog candy giveaway!

Ok...That about covers it...Go and get your ipod out...NOW!

Lots Of Twilight Love

Donna
Xx

17 comments :

Alison said...

WOW! I LOVE how you repeated the same photo in different colors! Fantastic! And you chose a wonderful song too! I think you are much better at making layouts then you give yourself credit for!

Jen Shults said...

Wow, Donna, this is gorgeous and very very you. I love the simplicity of it. And that is a perfect song for New Moon. Wow wow wow.

Eve said...

This should be entered in a contest I believe....
Maybe you should link it here:
http://northridgemedia.net/blogs/scrapbooktrends/?p=408
The song is perfect as well!

Jacqueline said...

Thud.....Did I faint? I think I just did, the beauty of this page just passed me right out!! :D I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I knew you were going to make a beautiful page and you didnt prove me wrong! When I first looked at it I thought it was a digital but no it is all you and your creative genius! Love this and love you! perfect work!! love this song too! Hugs!

ellepaulette said...

So beautiful as always! You are just so amazing!!
Great song and great scrap page to go along with it!

Rebecca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO! Great job with your scrap page and song selection, everything you do is simply amazing!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Absoutely STUNNING! and perfect!

Linda said...

Hey Donna ~ all I can say is WOW! Perfect song choice, perfect layout, perfect everything. You did a fantastic job! YOU rock! Hugs & Aloha, Linda

P.S.: Thanks for leaving all your sweet comments on my blog! Don't forget to check out Pocket Edward's latest Hawaiian Adventure...

Jennifer said...

For not liking to scrapbook, this is a wonderful page. I love it!

Lainee said...

What is there to say? WOW! Donna this is outstanding. I absolutely love this page, every single little bit of it. Way to go!

Erica said...

Fantastic!!!! I love this page. The layout and colors and everything are perfect. You do such great work. The song is AMAZING. I think it is so funny that is the song you chose because it is one of my absolute favorites. Whenever I hear this song and You Found Me by the Fray I automatically think of Twilight. If you want to see something funny type in Thinking of you New Moon in Youtube because there are some really great fanmade videos. Great job!!!!

Beth said...

Donna - you humble me. Seriously amazing layout - and a great song too. I may have to pop over to iTunes and download that puppy! :) Beautiful work!! xx

Steph said...

OME!!
Donna, this is just beautiful! I love how you used the same photo and altered the tint, it's perfect.
wow, wow, WOW!

Anonymous said...

all I can say is wow!!!! i love the photo strip :)

have a great night!

xoxo
sarabeth

susy said...

Donna, Donna, Donna, now you know you really do love scrapbooking and you know you really do rock at it, whatcha carrying on about girl???

Anonymous said...

You know that I always love your pages, you know that I don't scrapbook but I choose a song for your challenge. The Kill (Bury Me) by 30 Seconds to Mars. This song would be perfect when Edward leaves Bella but not wanting to. The heartache and desperation in the lyrics of them wanting to be together but are hurt so much that they feel like dying. What do you think??

Julie said...

Hello, GORGEOUS!!!!! Donna, this is unbelievable! You do SUCH beautiful work. I LOVE that blue. And what is this software you've mentioned? I'm curious! And am a bit of a techie, so I hate missing out on any new tool!