Saturday, August 15, 2009

Creatalicious Challenge # 1


One of the places I like to shop at here in Australia is Bizzy Becs. Bec has everything you need and want in her online store and as a bonus she is one really nice lady as well!

Bec and her good friend Cheryl have just recently started their own challenge blog called Creatalicious Challenges and today is their very first one....

So what do we get to do for this first challenge...Well, because it's Father's Day here next month the ladies would like us to create something for DAD...It can be anything and it does no have to be specifically for Father's Day. All we need to do for this challenge is include the colour brown and have some metal on your creation...

I have to make some Father's Day cards anyway so I though what the hey....
This is what I came up with....

I actually forgot about the Brown bit until I finished and then an unflattering swear word escaped my lips and I added the Brown ribbon.....

And for my metal bit I used brads...Hope that's ok!

Paper: Industrial Park Collection-Scrap with in reach, Bazzill
Stamps: Hero Arts, Unity-Stylin' Stars
Ink: Versafine Black, Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories: Brown Ribbon, Brads


TFL

Donna
Xx

16 comments :

Anne said...

Hi Donna, great to see you! Your card is fabulous in every respect! I love the colours, the LO and the very masculine look it has - a really tricky area of crafting, I find!! A perfect response to the challenge! Thank You so much for playing and for your inspiration! :o) xx

Cheryl said...

Fantastic,love your design and fabulous colour combo!!!......lol.....I have forgotten things on some challenges before as well.Thanks for joining in with our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious next month!!
hugs xx

Jacqueline said...

This is knock me down gorgeous! You used perfect colors and I LOVE it! You are so lucky to have stylin stars set! I couldn't order so I didn't get them.. very cool challenge! Love ya!

Andie's Space said...

Hi Donna.
I like your style! It's great how you've let your colour scheme & the DPs do the talking. It's funky, fresh & fabulous. Thanks for joining in this months Creatalicious challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Alison said...

Oh, your layers are fantastic! I love this. Masculine and cool. The ribbon is great. Any Dad would love this card I'm sure!

Anne Elizabeth said...

That is so cool! You should sell your cards on ETSY so I could buy some;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Donna.
Is a male card pretty? Let's just call it perfect. lol
hugs,
em

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I envy your photography skills!

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi Donna..well all I can say is wow!! what a fab card and ticks all the boxes!!! lol Thank you for joining BBCC..hope that you will again...
Regards
Jan..xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, I love your card brown ribbon and all! I have been known to have a few swears words escape my lips as well...just ask my hubby, he he!

Abby:)

Eve said...

This is lovely Donna. I love all these colors together!

ellepaulette said...

Well you brown ribbon looks wonderful, like you planned to put it there all along!! :) Beautiful card!

Jen Shults said...

Ooh, another challenge blog... I may have to check that out. :D

You did a stunning job! It's perfectly masculine and gorgeous as always. That paper is stunning, I love the gold and blue together. Wonderful paper selection!

Alyssa S said...

Donna, this is great! I love masculine cards, but they are so hard to make! You rocked it though ;o)

Bec said...

WOW Donna this is stunning, love the colour combo.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty!