Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Insiration Challenge # 39 - "Your Everything"



"Your Everything"

Hey everyone.... Before you read on I have to warn you there are major spoilers ahead. Alison suggests "If you haven't read Breaking Dawn, go and get the book...Then come back and then you can do the challenge!" Good advice honey.....

If you haven't guessed this week's Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge is by the gorgeous and very talented Alison. She writes....

"One of the things I love most about Breaking Dawn are Jacob's chapter titles. They are hilarious!

My favourite is: "What do I look like the Wizard Of Oz? You need a Brain? You Need a Heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take Everything I Have." - Breaking Dawn, Chapter 17, pg 329.

This chapter title perfectly depicts what Jacob is going through, but in a sarcastic, tough, Jacob kinda way. So here's the scoop. We've all been on the giving and receiving end of many things, and I'm not just talking about presents. We have have given our "all" (or someone has given us their all) just because we love them so much. Jacob loves Bella with everything he has and would give it all to her because of it. There is nothing he wouldn't do for her; that's definitely made clear in this chapter!

Comment Portion: Who have you given your all to? Your kids? Your best friend? Who has given their all to you? Your parents? Your Doctor? Tell us about that special relationship where someone has gone as far as they could with the gift of themselves.

Project Portion: Show us who has given you their everything or who you have given everything to. Make a layout or a card to give to that person, or even a gift to say "thank you" or " I love you with all that I have".

I actually was a bit stumped for this challenge....There are so many important people in my life who I love because they love me and love me for who I am....There's Wendy, my sister Cindy, Susy, my dad, Sharon, my boys, Jac, all my new friends at Twilight Tuesday, who in a short amount of time I have grown very close to ....The list goes on and on... Then it occured to me there is one person who has loved me for 20 years, who supports me through everything, who provides for our family, who fixes things when they are broken, who kills the spiders when they get into the house, who helps me when I get so frustrated with my computer, who will practically go along with whatever hair brained idea that I come up with, who puts up with my bad moods, who bares the brunt of my anger, who cleans the toilets because he knows I hate doing it, who will wash the floors and clean the windows, who make me feel beautiful even when I don't feel it, who looks after the boys when I have had enough, who gives me time for me, who (although he doesn't understand it) will support my Twilight obsession, who is proud of me and who just loves me for me......

Andrew....


Yes, this is my wonderful husband ...


And this is the card I am dedicating to him.....

I have used Graphic 45 DP again....I just love that vintage look! I used a SU stamp that I just bought...I fell in love with this tree...So I had to get the whole set! And the sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set that I have. I used the Fiskars Border Punch and just added a bit of colour with the red ribbon and red brads...


I actually embossed the tree and the saying although you can't really make it out!

Now, I know you will want to play along with this challenge! But before you do we have a few guidelines for you to follow....

For Posting on a Blog: Please indicate you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and then provide a link back to the site.

For Posting on another gallery such as Splitcoaster Stampers or Ficker: Please indicate that you are playing the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and then provided a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate key word, for example: TTIC39 for challenge 39. You don't have to put any spaces or number signs (#) and if you like you could add in more general keywords such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge etc. Thanks.

Comments/Posting a Link: When you are at Twilight Tuesday please leave a comment with a link to your challenge piece to tell us you have played along. We love seeing what you have all made and we also love to leave lovely comments as well..... Also, while you are there please feel free to join us in the forums and checkout the awesome Blog Candy we have to giveaway!

Now there's only one thing left to do.... Go see what the rest of the Twilight Tuesday Design Team have made.....Did I tell you each and everyone of these ladies are awesome?

Dani ~ Eve ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca ~ Tonya

Guest Designers:

Alison and Jacquie


Ok....GO and CREATE!
Lots of Twilight Love
Xx

Donna

12 comments :

Alison said...

Oh Donna, this is just gorgeous! I love your cards so much. And what a wonderful husband you have! Fantastic work again!

Eve said...

Where do you get that graphic 45 paper? I just love it! The tree image is great! I just picked one up yesterday that I have BIG plans for. It is actually more of a fall tree- but still big plans I tell ya!
I love where this card went- it is perfect!

Jacqueline said...

Awww what a lucky lady you are to have him! A Definite keeper ;) We all need that rock to keep us up in the best and worst of times! Tell Andrew if/when we come to australia he needs to give my hubby lessons!! :) I LOVE LOVE this card hun, Perfect tree, perfect papers, perfect everything!! You humble me with your talents! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

that card is gorgeous. thanks for the comment about the flowers. i thought they were pretty cool too.

ellepaulette said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband! How Blessed you are!
Awesome card! Love that dp and the colors are beautiful!!

Julie said...

Oh, your post is as nice as your card. And the card is gorgeous! What a great tribute to your husband -- who is lucky to have someone as special as you. :)

Rebecca said...

{gasp!} such a gorgeous card, love the layout, colors and that beautiful border punch!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute to your hubby!! I love it!! He sounds like a wonderful person. You are so blessed! Your card is gorgeous as usual. I love the color combos you chose. Gorgeous!

Lainee said...

What a great post, Donna. You have got yourself one hell of a man. (I need my floors washed if Andrew can find the time to come over and do them) Your card is absolutely beautiful, as usual. Thanks for leaving lovely comments on my blog. C U Thursday.

TheScrappyMama said...

Great card Donna! I love that tree from Stampin' Up. It's one of my favorites. ~ScrappyTwiholic

susy said...

Beautiful Don, I just know he will love it. Maybe I should send Bren down to spend a few days with Andrew to learn some house cleaning tips ;-)
Xx

Jen Shults said...

Gasp! I love this!!! I have a thing for trees lately and this is just stunning.