Friday, July 10, 2009

Back Next Tuesday....



Just a really quick post!
It's school holidays....And you know what that means! The kids get board, then they start to fight, then I start to get a bit cranky, then slightly peeved, then just down right annoyed! Don't get me wrong I love school holidays...Really love that I don't have to make school lunches, and I love spending time with the boys without the routine...But...It's the middle of winter, and it's raining and they start to niggle at each other! And that's when bad cranky Donna starts to appear....But then fate smiled at me in the form of my wonderful SIL....She asked to have Cam the second week and I jumped at the chance....

Amanda, Leon, Nathan. Tom and Lucy all live in Naracoorte and Tom and Cam are very close considering there is just 4 weeks between them in age.... Then Wendy and I were talking about how nice it would be to get away for a few days and then what seemed to be in about 5 minutes, we had arranged for Wendy, Ryan, Emily, Cam and me to go down to Mount Gambier and then drop Cam off to his Auntie on our way home..... We get a little holiday, I get to show Wendy where I was born, and I get to drop in on Susy as well! Perfect!

So I mostly wanted to post these pictures to show my you where about's I am going and what it looks like......


Looking at this map you can see where Adelaide is (we live 30 minutes away) and the little purple box is where we are going.....



This picture is of the Naracoorte caves....We are going there Saturday.




This is Mount Gambier...Where we are going to actually stay for a few days... It is a dormant volcano and the small city nestles around it!




And this is a close up picture of what the "Blue Lake" looks like.... I am going to be taking lots of pictures while we are away but they probably won't be as nice because it's supposed to rain the 4 days that we will be there...But still it will be nice to go....

So I will back on Tuesday, just in time to do my post for TT...Have a great weekend!
TFL
Xx

Donna

6 comments :

Julie said...

I love to hear about life in Australia - what a great post! Have a great time - see you for the challenge next week!

Anne Elizabeth said...

It is so crazy to me that its winter there when it is so stinkin hot here. lol Have a wonderful trip. The blue lake looks absolutely gorgeous!

Sam said...

Oh I hope you have a lovely holiday Donna! It looks like a beautiful place. Good luck with the photos.

Sam.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the pics that looks AMAZING!!! Have a BLAST!! I will miss ya!

Lainee said...

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, Donna. See you soon.

Jen Shults said...

Wow. What beautiful pictures! Have a fantastic time and I can't wait to see YOUR pictures when you get back. :D We'll miss you! :D