Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Few Bits and Butterflies...




Here is just a few cards I have made over the last week...
You will have to excuse me, I have gone mad over butterflies so probably most of my work will consist of butterflies..... everywhere!




This first card I made using the paper I can't remember the name of.... But, I do know the stamps! The butterfly is of course Gel-a-tins...got to love those! The flourish up on the corner is from the Baroque Motifs stamp set from SU....(I borrowed some of Sharon's stamps before she went away on her month long camping trip!). And the little saying down the bottom is from Hero Arts... I stamped and embossed the butterfly twice with polysparkle embossing powder (because I am nearly out of clear) and then cut out one of the images and stuck it over the other image. Makes it look like it's flying...Well that's what I hope it looks like!



This second card I made for Julie for her birthday... (hope you like it honey!). The paper is from Crate Paper...I love their papers... The butterfly is from Gel-a-tins and the happy birthday is from StampIt. Again I stamped and embossed the butterfly twice...The little lace border was made with a Fiskars Border Punch.
I am loving the whole vintage look of my work lately and have decided to keep it...'cause it's working!!

TFL
Xx

6 comments :

Erica said...

I love the butterflies. I have some that I need to inkup. I love both cards. So simple and beautiful. Great work!

Bec said...

WOW Donna.. Now these cards have the 'WOW Factor'... They are just stunning.. Bec xx

Jacqueline said...

oh these are breathtaking! beautiful just like you! I love how you bring them all to "life"!! hugs to you sweet friend!

Unknown said...

holy butterflies batman. those are stinking gorgeous. and that bottom one for julie... there aren't words. it's amazing. and yes! your new vintagey style is amazing.

susy said...

I so love those stamps, yummo. Must have been a butterfly day yesterday, had a day at Kathryn's with Sandie and guess what I made???you guessed it a butterfly card,he he. Nothing so pretty as yours though. We actaully did more chatting and eating than anything else, but that's just as much fun too.
Oh and i have a leave pass for Saturday too, see you at the caves
Xx

Lainee said...

These are lovely, Donna. You are a very talented lady.