Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sissy's Scrap Challenge - Week 11

Margie and Sara

Sissy's Scrap Challenge

Most of you know the lovely, gorgeous and very talented ladies at Sissy's Scraps adopted me as their guest designer for June...Margie and Sara asked me to pick a challenge that I would like to do and I chose

"Anything Except a Layout/Card Challenge # 3"


Good happy Wednesday to everyone :)
It's a beautiful day, so let's get scrappy!

Here's this week's Anything Except a Layout/Card Challenge #3!!!
Our Adopted Sister for the Month of June...

Donna of Donna's Diary

... came up with a brilliant challenge for us:

Create/Alter Home Decor

Be creative! Anything goes! ;)


Here' s what I made.....




I decorated these letters to go on my boys bedroom doors. I sanded them back and then painted them with my Making Memories paints. Then I covered them with some Basic Grey papers (love Basic Grey papers...Not all, but most!). Then I Mod Podged them to protect them from rough boys with sticky hands, put on the ribbon and stars....Easy!!


To join in:

- Create an altered project for your home.
- Link up and leave a comment at Sissy's Scraps or at their PCP group.
- If you are using SCS or another forum....Please use Sissy's Scrap and/or SSAELC3.
- Creations are due no later than Tuesday, at 8pm EST.
- The winner will be chosen randomly and posted Tuesday, by 9pm EST.

And this is what you win.....



Go on over to Sissy's Scrap's and checkout what Margie and Sara have done....ABSOLUTELY amazing!
Go on..... I know you want too!
Xx

5 comments :

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous projects!
Like I said, my boys want to know why they don't have their names up on the wall too! LOL!
Thanks so much for being a part of our family :*)

susy said...

Love the letters. OK Don, you've convinced me, I'm going to have a go too.
Xx

Alison said...

These are awesome! I love you color choices!

Julie said...

I LOVE THESE! I would love to try something like this too -- I always see those letters in the store and think about it, but never actually DO. But what I'm wondering - how in the world did you do that beautiful job on cutting the paper? It looks amazing -- that part seems daunting to me!

Did I already say that your blog looks great? What a great design - it looks really smart!

Jen Shults said...

Wow Donna! Those are gorgeous. I NEED to do this for my son's room too. Off to find some sports themed paper.