Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Scrapperlicious Scrappers And Artful INKables - Day 3




First, I would like to introduce the Scrapperlicious Scrappers....
You know when I went to Naracoorte for the weekend, these are the lovely ladies, my old scrap buddies that I went to see.
Before I left Scrap n Patch (my old shop) these beautiful and very talented ladies used to lunch, hang out, scrapbook, card make, laugh, cry and giggle all together with Susy and me... I miss them all terribly and when a chance for all of us to catch up comes up I have to take it because 3 of us have moved from Naracoorte and getting together unfortunately, is rare thing!


From Left to Right: Coco, Sandie, Susy, Sharon, Me, Maria, Jane and Kathryn

We have all formed an online challenge group called...you guessed it The Scrapperlicious Scrappers where we will meet once a month to share our themed projects....First theme is by Coco and she picked "Winter Wonderland" and we will be starting in July...Doing layouts...really?...Can't we do a little card Susy?.....No....Well, ok, then layouts it is!


So, today I am going to show you my third card in the Artful INKables / Twilight Tuesday collaboration....


So this is my "Edward" card.... I found this gorgeous drawing on my many blog hoping, Edward/Rob, I'm bored lets see what I can find moments, by canehda.


I thought it would go really well with the Dazzled stamp as Edward/Rob often dazzles me....Is that a bit corny?? Anyway I can't remember what the paper was called...Will drop back into Camelot on Sunday and find out!!



I really love this little stamp I actually embossed it and coloured it in with my pencils...Again..Seem to be going through a colour pencil phase at the moment....So there you go! Very easy and simple!

Ok, so I promised you my comment portion of the challenge...Now please don't think I'm nuts after I tell you all this....

How The Twilight Saga Has Changed My Life:

I have always considered myself a rational, sane, normal person who has a nice comfortable home, a loving and fantastic husband, 2 beautiful boys ( well, most of the time) and a pretty happy existence until August last year!
Everything changed for me with one single sentence and I don't know if I should thank Stephanie Meyer or ask her what was she thinking putting my life in turmoil?
I have never been this obsessed about anything in my life. It was getting to the point when Twilight was realised last November that I was constantly on Youtube (and I mean nearly all day) trying to get to see bits of the movie and swearing at Summit and Youtube when they took them off as fast as people were trying to put the clips on!
I read those 4 books in 4 and a half days flat and my children and husband thought I had left home and was missing. Housework, dinner, washing all suffered and sometimes still do!
I was really starting to worry that I had a serious problem. What was wrong with me? Why was I suddenly having heart palpitations over a 22 year old guy who I hardly knew anything about except he was pretty cute in Harry Potter...
Was this normal? Did other's feel the same way? Then one day I found my bit of Heaven in the form of Twilight Tuesday...Not only have I found friends who feel the same as I do, they don't roll their eyes at me or get this glazed look when I start to gush about my obsession.....
Finally I feel normal. Finally I feel at peace. Finally I feel at home.
Thankyou Twilight Tuesday!

Lots of Twilight Love
Xx


12 comments :

ellepaulette said...

OME!! Wow!! You are right, he does dazzle!! ;)

Eve said...

I LOVE what you did with this. I might have to try and make something with that image. She did a wonderful job with the drawing. I love how you put it all together!

Anne Elizabeth said...

The card you made looks great. I always love your cards:) I'm glad you got to catch up with old friends!

Alison said...

I love your card, but I esp. love what you said about Twilight Tuesday!

Jacqueline said...

Look at how cute you are!!! :)
LOVE your card!! What a great drawing you found, and how lovely he fits on your delicious papers! How much your story sounds like mine, I sat on the couch unmoving for the few days it took me to read the whole series, then I reread them again, husband? kids? I had those? LOL glad you are with us twilight finatics!!

Elena said...

Donna, your card is a piece of an art! I love the papers you chose and all the layering you did!
I read all 4 books too, and my DH was amazed how fast I could read! I just couldn't stop!

susy said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear, clever, talented, gorgeous(how's your ego feeling now,lol) Donna, happy birthday to you.Hope you sang that and not just read it.
Card is gorgeous, love it. such a great sketch works really well. the paper are by Jenni Bowlin, just to save you a trip to Camelot, unless you really NEED to go ;-)
Have a great day.
Xx

susy said...

OK, and I'll do that all ove again on Monday when it is actually Donna's birthday,lol. Donna has all kinds of friends, I'm the ditzy one,lol. Can't tell my 6s from my 9s.

Jen Shults said...

Happy Birthday Donna!!! Your card is just amazing!!!

Tonya Klar said...

This is such a fantastic card. I love the design! I'm always so excited to see your new posts!

Anonymous said...

You cant help it when something so good draws you in and you become addicted. You will never be cured, well not until the last movie is released on DVD, so you have time. I have just suckered (he he) someone else into the books and lending them out again. Great cards too :)

Jamee said...

Your card is AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!