Monday, May 18, 2009

I will NEVER use the Green Square Again...

Yes, that's right I will never use the "Full Auto" on my camera again!

I had the BEST day yesterday!!!
Those of you that know me well, know that I am an extremely excited and enthusiastic budding amateur photographer (to the point of annoying actually....my kids run the other way when I get the camera out). Anyway yesterday my very good friend Susy and I went to the Adelaide Zoo to do a "advanced" photography course....ADVANCED OMG!! I worried all week that I was going to be soooooo out of my depth it wasn't going to be pretty, but I LOVED every minute of it. It was one of the best things I have done in a long time and the fact that I did it with Susy made it even more special!


The monkey's were very cute, but because I didn't have the right lens with me (ok, I don't own the right one yet...something that will be remedied) I couldn't get as close as I would have liked....


I still can't believe that I, ME! took this photo, through the bars and everything! If you look closely you can see the female on the right looking through the fence...


The Zoo doesn't usually have the giraffes on the photography course, we were the first students that have been this close to them... They were being feed so we could get right in and get some good shots. The keeper told us to watch out because they drool when they eat...can you imagine been drooled on from a great height YUCK!


Isn't she beautiful....


This is Susy the hippo...no really her name is Susy!!


We got to poke our heads around into the enclosure to take shot's while they were eating....can't get too close!!


When I photo shopped this last night with Susy I was that tired that I kept calling the pelican a penguin.... So that's what I named her..meet "Penguin".


This shot was taken in the Avery...VERY hard place to take photo's but I got a few good ones.

I took 228 photo's yesterday...I have NEVER taken that many photo's at one time. It was just an amazing day and since I hadn't been to the zoo for years and even though it rained and we got a bit wet...I would do it all over again!
Xx

4 comments :

Anne Elizabeth said...

Those are all AMAZING shots!

Anonymous said...

Excellent shots, well done

susy said...

And it WAS so much fun. So glad we got to do this together, hope they remember to email us for some other courses. The photos look great, can't wait to get home and have a good look at mine. I have also added a couple of hundred footy photos(with two days to go) on top of the zoo shots so I am going to be a busy girl when I get home.
thanks somuch for the great time.
Xx

Rebecca said...

These pics are AMAZING! You did a really great job with all of them, including the ones where you don't even see the fence! Congrats on breaking out of the "green box"!