Ok, I must admit it really hasn't been salad eating weather here over the last few weeks... I have no idea where summer has decided to hide, but I thought I would share this Curried Rice Salad with you anyway... It is a tad yummy!
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 apple, peeled, core removed, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place rice into a large bowl. Add apple, onion, capsicum, raisins and parsley. Toss gently to combine.
Make dressing: Combine all ingredients, and salt and pepper, in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently. Serve with barbecued or grilled meat, chicken or fish.