Thursday, September 13, 2012

Deconstructing Sketch #69 - Merry Christmas!






Ok, I have come to the conclusion it's time for me to stop complaining that it's too soon to possibly even think about Christmas, because when I went grocery shopping this morning and the Christmas puddings and decorations were highly visible and some might even say right in my face {even to the people in Christmas denial... that would be ME} I have finally decided to get my head out of the sand and have succumbed.... So here we go... My first Christmas card!

This week's sketch is by our gorgeous DT member Amber Hight. Amber has always floored me with her beautiful cards and I just love everything she creates... Including this sketch!



I started the card by picking out one of the gorgeous Christmas images Christy has over a Tiddly Inks. This little cutie is called "Sugar Plum Fairy". I then printed her out on white card stock and coloured her in with my Prisma pencils. Because I was in denial about the whole Christmas thing, I have resisted the urge to buy any Christmas paper pads so I actually had to go digging for one in my stash to use. This one is called "Saint Nick" by Fancy Pants. The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from Hero Arts and the little snow flake punch is from Martha Stewart.



A close up of my colouring...



We also have some awesome news we have a new guest designer Cresta Woodruff!! Cresta's creations are phenomenal and so gorgeous so please giver her a huge welcome when you go and checkout her blog!!



Now here's what you have to do to participate in this week's challenge:


  1. Use the sketch to the left to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like.

2. Post it somewhere on the internet. Use keyword DS69 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.

3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post so we can stop by and see it.

4. Check back here next Wednesday to see if you are one of this week’s favorites and grab a badge for your blog.


Want your sketches a little early? Follow the Deconstructed Sketch on Facebook!! And if you are looking for some older sketches to dig through you can find them in the Deconstructed Sketchbook

And be sure to hop around and check out what the rest of the Deconstructed Sketch Design Team has made!




7 comments :

Jen Shults said...

This is AMAZING Donna! I love love love this. You are just rocking those Tiddly Ink stamps!

Vicki G said...

Christmas pudding! YUMMY!!!! and your card, Yummy as Christmas Pudding......lol

xo

VIcki

Crestajune said...

What a fabulous card! I LOVE it! I was wondering if it was too early to start with the Christmas theme, but I guess not! =) Thank you for the warm welcome, I am so excited to be creating alongside you all for the next few months. Have a wonderful day!

Sheri Gilson said...

Amazing Christmas card, Donna!! The image is adorable and I love the ribbon & Snowflake!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Donna she is just so cute! Absolutely love this...fab colouring and an awesome layout. I will have to try this one this week! :)

Carissa said...

This is one gorgeous card. Love the layout and your colouring is beautiful.
Hugs, Carissa

BegoƱa said...

Very nice job...I love it.