Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deconstructing Sketch #14




This week's 
Deconstructing Sketch
is AMAZING...I know I always say that but it's true!!

This is the sketch by our wonderful Jen Shults...




And this is what I came up with...


I was looking through my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, and boy do
I have a LOT of them...Anywhoo, I came across the very sassy
"Betty" which is one of my favourite Moonlight Whispers images
and thought ...ummmm, I haven't coloured her in for awhile! And
here she is... The papers are from MME's Lost and Found 
collection 6x6 paper pad this one is called "Madison Avenue", 
which happens to be my favourite at the moment!!! 
I went around the edge of the card using a border punch from
EK Success. The lace is from Kaiser Craft.



 I coloured Betty in using my Prisma pencils and then
because I am is distressing mode at the moment I used my
Tim Hotz Walnut Stain distress ink to grunge up the card
a bit. I kept pretty faithful to the sketch this time and really
like the way this card turned out!


If you’d like to join us this week all you need to do is create a
project using the above sketch as inspiration. There are no specific
image requirements for this challenge. Upload your project to your
blog or to an online gallery and link it back on the
Deconstructing Sketch Blog
to Inlinkz by Wednesday, August, 17th, 2011 at 8 pm CST.
 

 Thanks For Looking!

 


6 comments :

Craftdee said...

What a gorgeous card: love the image (beautifully coloured, btw) the papers...all of it really! Thanks for sharing, Dee

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this card is just perfect. I did think this image was a bit to harsh to work with, and that it would be hard to not get to sleazy but you have just made it so soft, sexy and stylish! And as usual you cards are perfectly balanced...

Just a wonderful card! Thanks for being such a good inspiration!

Julie said...

Wow - this awesome what a great colour scheme and mix of papers and spot on colouring!! Juliexx

Jen Shults said...

You are much too nice my friend... and I hope you are saying that in two weeks... did you see that one yet?? EEEEK! I'm a little scared of what you're going to say. you might throw rotten eggs that week. ;)

YOU made that sketch SHINE this week girl. That beautifully colored image and all these gorgeous papers... wonderful work hon!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH Donna! She's gorgeous!! What a beautiful design....so soft and pretty....and excellent sketch again!

Michele Boyer said...

Love that dotted outfit! And her hair is GORGEOUS!