Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #85 - Material Girl!!



 OMGoodness..

This week has gone by SO fast, as this whole year has. I kinda
feel like I turn around and time has just gone that little bit faster
and the thing you were looking forward to has come and gone in
the blink of an eye and you have to focus on the next thing...
Ummm... Maybe getting older isn't a good thing... Or, is it what
you make of it and you should just enjoy the ride?...I think I will go
with that scenario...I must say a huge "Thank you" to all my family
and friends who helped me celebrate entering the "40 Club"...And for
those who sent me really sweet wishes...You made my day!!


 Now...On to business!!

This week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge is hosted by our 
gorgeous colouring queen Melanie..This lady has a really special gift
when it comes to colouring images, she blows me away every time
I see her work. AND it's not only her colouring...She is just so
gorgeously sweet!! Anywhoo, Mel is channeling Madonna this week..
 she would like you to use a MATERIAL GIRL on your creation!!

This is my card...


Ok, I have a confession (I really do confess a lot on this blog!!)
I was happy making this card and it was flowing and falling into 
place and I was having the nicest time...When I suddenly remembered
that the whole point of the card was to have material on it!! Oh NO!! 
I forgot...So I had to pull it all apart and add some..So you can see
this piddly little bit of lace at the bottom is my offering...Sorry Mel!!

This gorgeous new Asian inspired lady is Sakura which means
Cherry Blossom. She is designed by our awesome Annie Rodrigue.
The image is approximately 3.5x1.75 inches and you will receive
this gorgeous stamp in deeply etched unmounted grey rubber.Sakura  
costs only $8.00 from the Kraftin' Kimmie Store and comes with an
co-ordinating sentiment  "Go With All You Heart".

The papers are from Como Crickets "Circa 1934" 6x6 paper
pad. The border punch is from EK Success.



 As you can see I paper pieced Sakura's gown but the rest I coloured
in with my Prisma pencils.



 And then finished the card of with a "Happy Birthday" sentiment
from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment Set and some left over papers.


 Now, Kimmie has some really exciting news fro you all...

 Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is starting something fun and exciting this
weekend! Because we love our customers SO much, we're saying
'thank you' with FRUGAL FRIDAYS!!! Each Friday we 
will be posting 3-4 stamps that will be on sale at LEAST 40% off!! 
These items will be on sale until Sunday night ONLY, so be sure to 
scoop them up!

The stamps on sale this weekend are: Barnacle Brad, 
Buster the Bulldog, Patsy and Sir Galahad!

ALSO, we have extended the June Gimme Kimmie's Kits but only
until Sunday, July 3rd! So get them before they're gone!!

 If you would like to play along with us this week all
you need to do is head on over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
checkout all the details and then go and channel Madonna
and make a gorgeous car with MATERIAL on it...Easy!
AND if you use a Kraftin' Kimmie image you could
win the very gorgeous Asian inspired image of Kimiko  
that Mel has featured on her card today...

 Thanks For Looking!!





4 comments :

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous - I love how you paper pieced her gown! Jo x

Tracey said...

This is so gorgeous Donna! I love her paper-pieced gown!

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee! Belated Birthday wishes Donna! Remember 40 is the new 30 ! Your card looks AWESOME! Great papers and that little added piece of lace is the perfect add on! LOL!
:) Tracy

Jessie/knightrone said...

GORGEOUS! Her Kimono is fabulous!!