Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge # 73 - Michele's Sketch!

 
 
For this week's
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge
Our gorgeous Krafty Girl Michele has come
up with a sketch for you to try.....
 
 

Pretty cool huh?!

And this is my card....



A really good friend of mine asked me to make a card for
 one of her really good friends who is about to have a baby and I
thought the very cute and gorgeous "Stripes" would be perfect.

You can find "Stripes the Zebra" under Crissy's Cuties in the


 Stripes is designed by artist Crissy Armstrong and
is approximately 3 x 3 inches and you will receive this
stamp in unmounted deeply etched grey rubber.
You will also receive the coordinating sentiment stamp,
"A leopard cannot change his spots, nor a zebra his stripes".


Now, being that we don't know the sex of said baby I decided
to use a little bit of everything and went with the very gorgeous
 MME's Stella and Rose collection...This one is "Gertie".




I coloured Stripes in with my Prisma pencils. I don't use any oils or a
blending pencils when I colour, I just blend it all in using the pencils.
I coloured the sky around Stripes with chalk
...Just for something different ;0)

The Butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart and the
 border punch is from Fiskars. The "Congratulations"
 is from Hero Arts.


 
I then decorated the inside with more of the yummy papers, and
the border punch then finished it off with one of my favourite
 sentiments "Enjoy The Moments That Make You Smile"
also from Hero Arts.
 
And btw... Lisa loved it!
 
 
Now, if you would like to play along with us all

you need to do is head on over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
checkout all the details and then go and make a
card using Michele's SKETCH ...Easy!!!

AND if you use a Kraftin' Kimmie image you could
win the very cute image of "Bookworm Lucy"
that Michele has featured on her card today...


One more thing....

Will YOU be attending
 SCRAPFEST
in Kitchener on April the 8th and 9th?

Come see Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps in booth #220 for lots of fun!
 We've got gifts with purchase, sales, Gimme Kimmie Kits
and more surprises! You'll meet several of the Krafty Girls and
 you can watch them bring Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps to life
 with their amazing colouring!

Please note that this will be a Cash Only event for us.
Can't WAIT to see YOU!!!

Thanks For Looking!
 

10 comments :

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Donna! I've just signed up as your latest followers as I am blown away by your cards! Jo x

Amanda R said...

Donna this card is absolutely beautiful! I love those papers too, have them but am hoarding at the moment.. And your coloring is perfect, something for me to work towards.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Donna, beautifully coloured and I love the added butterfly!
Clairexx

Jenny said...

Love your card too Donna! I showed my son all the cards for today's challenge and he liked yours the best...he wants me to get that zebra. Thanks for the blog info, I'll have to check it out:)

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Donna, Stripes looks sooooooo super sweet and your colouring is jaw dropping gorgeous...wow you have the shading bang on...STUNNING! I love the gorgeous papers you used too and the butterfly die is the perfect touch!
Thank you so much, hun, for you sweet, sweet comment...don't think I am going to be able to fit my head through the doorway now,smile! You are such a sweetie, I so wished you could've tripped over for the day and joined us at ScrapFest...just a bit too far though, eh!? We sooooo missed you and the other Krafty Grils that live to far away too!!!!!
Big Big Hugs,t

Michele Boyer said...

This is absolutely adorable, Donna! I LOVE your pretty butterfly! (Fabulous inside too!)

And thanks for saying I'm gorgeous! **finger-fluffing hair** lol.

Anonymous said...

I need to get my hands on some of that paper!!! Another awesome card girl! Love everything about it! :)

Jen Shults said...

Gorgeous Donna! I love the papers you put together (I think this has to be my all time favorite paper pad) and that little zebra is too cute!

Tracey said...

Such a fabulous card!! An adorable image!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Adorable!!! I love Crissy's zebra. :)

All your cards are simply wonderful. :)