Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge # 12 - Heavy Metal...

....It feels like deja vu... Like I was only just here...
Oh yeah, that's right, I was!!
LOL... Nar, only kidding...
It's the heat you see, gone to my head....
40 odd degree
(110 F, for my international friends)
days will do that to you...
Gosh it's HOT!!

But isn't that the perfect time to get
some quality card making done??!
Stuck in the house with the air conditioner on
....Ummm or should I be at the pool!!

Anyway, I apologise, enough babbling...
I really will blame the heat.... ;)

Now for some fun!


It's another sneak peek and
it's challenge day at

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

This week, the very tremendously talented
and terrific Tara has picked this week's theme...

"Heavy Metal"

Tara wanted us to use any metal embellishments
we could lay our hands on... Well sounds easy enough!

I decided that I would use the very cute and irresistible
NEW January Release image called

"Wagon Ride"



Wagon Ride is from the Cindy and Mindy line.

Isn't she cute!!
She reminds me so much of the classic "Tom Boy".
I was going through my paper stash and
found some October Afternoon DP that
I thought would go perfect for this image..
You know, girly...But not!!



Then I coloured her and teddy in with my Prisma's and distressed
around the edges just a little bit. I was a bit stuck for what I was
going to use as my "Heavy Metal" part of the challenge but then I
remembered I had these little heart brads...



"Here Comes Trouble" is from one of
Kimmie Sentiment sets
called "Sassy Sentiments" and I though that it went
particularly well with this gorgeous image....


Now if you would like par-take in this fantastic challenge
this week I suggest you first head on over to the

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog

and have a look at what the Krafty Girls have been creating
with the New Images that you will be able to purchase from
Sunday...When we will be having the
January release Blog Hop!!!

Oh and I forgot...
If you join in and use a Kraftin Kimmie image you
could win one of the new images called "Dance Recital".
... Tara has used it on her card!

Ok, I think I will go and sit under the air conditioner now....
See You tomorrow!



Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie - Wagon Ride, Kraftin' Kimmie - Sassy Sentiments
Paper: October Afternoon, Bazzil
Ink: TH Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Accessories: Heart Brads, Fiskas Border Punch
Technique: Distressing, Prisma Pencils





Post a Comment