Friday, January 29, 2010

Friends With Flair Friday!

Hey Everyone...

It's Friday, that means it's another Unity

Friends with Flair

I received my January KOM this week and literary
could not wait to use it because there are so many
GORGEOUS stamps on this one...
I can see I am going to have A LOT of fun in the next few weeks!!

So to start off, I decided to use this weeks
Mojo Monday Sketch #123
and the I chose the branch, owl and the beautiful
"Be Who You Are" sentiment.
And this is what I came up with...



First I coloured in the owl with my Prisma's
Using 3 different browns
Ginger Root, Dark Brown and Light Umber.
Then I stamped the branch with Versafine Onyx Black Ink
and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I find that embossing just makes an image 'pop' just that little better.
I sort of liked the whole idea of stamping and then cutting
the flowers out just to give the card a bit of a 3D look...
Then I found some Hero Arts Gemstones that I had
stashed away and forgotten about and thought they would
look good in the middle of the flowers...



I coloured the flowers using 3 different blues...
Blue Slate, Periwinkle and Indigo Blue
and then just put a little bit of black in the middle
to give them a bit of depth...



I have always decorated the inside of my cards...
just never thought to show you...
With this one the inside is pretty plain cause unfortunately
this is the last of this particular gorgeous
October Afternoon DP and I didn't
have quite enough to finish off. :o(
I used the "Under a Shady Tree" sentiment
(from the same KOM)
and again stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black
and embossed it with clear embossing powder...
Oh yeah...And I distressed around the edges!



Just a shot of the flowers to give you a better look....


Now if you would like head on to
Angela's Unity Blog
and checkout the Friends With Flair list...
There are SO many wonderfully talented ladies out there
and some of them are on this very predigest list.
So go and have a look...You won't be disappointed!!

Oh, and if you find the "Friends With Flair" Blinkie...
Leave a comment on the blog you find it on and you could win some
awesome and amazing Unity stamps....


Come Back and see me tomorrow...
I have a FANTASTIC
Kraftin Kimmie Stamp Challenge
for you!!




Stamps: Unity - January KOM
Paper: October Afternoon, Bazzil
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, TH Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Accessories: Fiskars Border Punch, Hero Arts Gemstones
Technique: Prisma Pencils, Embossing, Distressing







Post a Comment