Friday, November 6, 2009

Friends on Friday, A Whimsical Wednesday and A Wedding Card...


Hey everyone...So as you can see it's Friday which means the end of the working week. Time to spend time with your family, take the kids to sport or maybe find a nice quite place to sit and relax and read a good book....Ok, yes that last part is wishful thinking...but you never know!!!

So Friday also means that it's one of my most favourite parts of the week
Unity's

Friends with Flair

This week a good friend asked me to make a card for her nieces wedding and seeing that this one of those ladies that actually likes looking after my kids (not that they are trouble...BJ, Autism, you get the picture)....I was happy to help!!

I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to use my Unity's October KOM wedding chapel stamp again and as I was hunting for some inspiration I came across
Jessica's

"The Diedrich Dare"

and decided to give that a go as well!!



Jess's daughter has come up with this sketch... DDSC09


So combining Unity and the "dare" with the whole wedding card thing
this is what I have come up with this week...



Ok...I am not entirely happy with this card...But... What are you going to do?...
Kaye seemed to like it and I suppose that's what counts...LOL!!



Stamps: Unity's October KOM
Paper: Kaiser Craft
Ink: Versafine-Black,TH Walnut Distress Ink




Now please go and visit Angela's Unity Blog cause they have some
really exciting news to do with a little thing called
"ippity"...
You have to see what that is all about...
I am really excited!!
Also while you are there go and visit all the other ladies who
are participating in the
Unity Blog Hop,
cause each and every single one of them
is sooooo talented and deserve a little love!!


Have a fantastic weekend
...And I hope you find that quite spot and get to relax!


29 comments :

Randi said...

WOW Donna! That is some amazing coloring!! Love what you did with the Unity church image! And, fantastic take on the WW sketch!! I am SO thrilled you played along!!
I'm still trying to figure out how you get your distressing SO perfect!

Tasha said...

Wow Donna this is fantastic! I love the colours and the image is wonderful. Love the papers
love tasha xx

Rebecca said...

those colors are gorgeous together! that card would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary, just absolutely beautiful!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOW amazing is this?!?! Your coloring is off-the-charts amazing, my friend, and I am SO honored and excited that you played the Dare! I can't wait to show Madelynn your take on her sketch-it's SO adorable!!! Hugs to you! Happy FWF day!

Jen Shults said...

Look at you! This is just amazing. I love what you did with the sketch. It's just gorgeous. This is a perfect wedding card.

What pack of Prisma's do you have? I'm woefully thinking that my 36 pack isn't adequate but I'm not sure I can bring myself to spring for more.

ellepaulette said...

You know what. I don't like your card. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Your card is flat out amazing!! Those shades of green and purple are my absolute faves!!!

Love it, love it, love it!! If I was getting married I would want you to send me that masterpiece!!

Sherry Campbell said...

This card is sooo stunning! I absolutely love the colors and all the layers!!

Monika in VA said...

Donna ~ that is a fabulous card! Love those colors ~ so rich ~ perfect for a wedding!

Tonya Klar said...

Girl you couldn't make a bad card if you tried. This one is fabby! Keep cranking them out!

Corry said...

its amazing, really!! there is lots to love about it.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love this Donna!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh Donna, I am so impressed and amazed everytime I visit your blog! Gorgeous card hun! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jacqueline said...

This is one drop dead gorgeous card my friend!! I LOVE the colors, so much I HAD to use them for my card, you are an inspiration for everyone! Your layering and coloring and translation for this sketch are perfection! LOVE it!! Love you!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well I think it's FABULOUS Donna! Love the pretty colors you used!

Christi said...

Donna, Wow! You are creating such amazing gorgeousness with this church! I adore this card!! Just fabulous!!!

Hey, on a totally different note...did you see this post with the New Moon printables?http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/11/free-printables-new-moon-twilight-saga/
I saw it and totally thought about you Twilight girls and your challenges! I know that I plan to do a little fun art with them esp. after re-reading all the books this week! smiles...

FibreJunky said...

Oh, I think you did a fabulous job!! It's beautiful!!

Robynccgirl said...

It's a beautiful card! Great color combo!

WickedPixie said...

Donna, I LOVE how this card looks (and all of your cards, really!) Your ink distressing is the most gorgeous I have seen-I have really been trying to learn from you!! :-)Traci

Laurel said...

Love it! Look at that coloring!

Angie Blom said...

Donna, this is a fabulos card , the colouring, the design I love it all. Have a wonderful weekend , hugs my friend!!

Kelly Mahany said...

What a fantastic card! I love the deep colors and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

מימס mimms said...

gorgeous card,
love the color combo !!

Megan said...

WHOA! This is a show stopper. It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I love love love it!

4guysandagirl said...

Wow!!! Why on earth are you NOT entirely happy with this card???? It is only the most AMAZING card I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa S said...

Donna, this is so soft and pretty...perfect for a wedding card! Beautiful job...as always!!

domino said...

I love this card. I love all of your cards. An inspirational blog!

Domino, XX

http://dominosopenbook.blogspot.com

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Kelly Mahany said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE it!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, your cards are awe inspiring!