Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TTIC # 42 - Unlikely Friendship


This week's Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge was chosen by our
Guest Designer Erica...

Erica has been doing a fantastic job filling in for Margie (she has been taking a break for a couple of weeks while she moves house) and we are so very grateful to Erica as she has jumped in the deep end and is coming up with some amazing projects, this weeks theme being no exception... This week the lovely Erica has picked....drum roll please...

"Unlikely Friendship"

Erica writes..." Breaking Dawn is my favourite book of the series, like many of you, so I was really trying to think about what I loved about the 4th book. Of course I love the romance, but that is throughout the whole series. One thing that I love about Breaking Dawn is how Stephenie Meyer really looks into Jacob, especially his relationship with his new pack, especially Leah."

"It would be interesting, at the very least, and strange, too, to have Leah as a companion - as a friend. We were going to get under each other's skin a lot, that was for sure. She wouldn't be one to let me wallow, but I thought that was a good thing. I'd probably need someone to kick my butt now and then. But when it came right down to it, she was really the only friend who had any chance of understanding what I was going through now."
- Breaking Dawn, Jacob Black, Book 2. pg 336

Craft Portion: Make a project using at least 2 items that you wouldn't think normally go together. Whether it be two colours, or two different patterns or something elegant and rough, it is up to you. As far as the subject have fun with it. Celebrate one of your unlikely friendships or an unlikely friendship in the Twilight Saga.

Comment Portion: Do you have an unlikely friendship? What makes you different but what unites you at the same time?

Ok, when I first read what Erica wanted us to do this week I thought, yeah I can do this...This will be a piece of cake...WRONG! Do you know how hard it is for someone like me who has to have everything matching to not have everything matching?...OME! I actually found this challenge a little on the hard side...I was stumped...What was I going to make?! So I am afraid I took the easy way out...I cheated a bit.... ok, well a lot... I literary took Erica's words and put my own spin on it...Elegant and Rough....


Ok...Yes I know..But look at it from where I am sitting...The rough bit is the Felt Flower Pattern and the elegant is the ribbon... I can't help it, I cannot for the life of me put two opposing pieces of DP together on the same page...It's just wrong!

And just to try and justify it a little bit more...I deliberately coloured her dress in a colour that I normally wouldn't use with the DP I chose.
Yeah I know...You don't have to tell me....

Paper: Basic Grey, Bazzill
Stamps: Gorjuss - Just a Girl, Hero Arts.
Ink: Versamark-Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Walnut
Accessories: Ribbon, Kaiser Felt Flowers, Brads
Technique: Distressing and Pencils-Derwent


So for the comment portion of this challenge...btw, much easier.. This card is actually for someone who has become very dear to me...And we have never actually met face to face.
In fact I have several friends that have become so very dear to me that I have never met....And you all know who you are. I don't feel like that this friendship that I have with these lovely ladies is what you call unlikely..Just something that I have never experienced before...And something that I will always treasure...To these wonderfully, talented, generous, amazing, awe-inspiring, incredible, stunning ladies...Even though I am half a world away and we have a computer to thank for this "unlikely" friendship I wanted to say Thank you..Thank you for your support, friendship and for being who you are because without you my life would be just mediocre...

Check Them Out....

Dani ~ Eve ~ Julie ~ Jen ~ Rebecca ~ Margie

Guest Designers

Alison ~ Jacquie ~ Erica

Beth and Tonya are taking a break this week.

If you want to play in this week's challenge... Come on be brave..Well braver than me anyway..lol! There are just a few guidelines we have for you:

For Posting to a Blog: Please indicate you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site.

For Posting on another gallery, such a Splitcoast Stampers or Flickr: Please indicate that you are playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge on twilighttuesday.com and please provide a link back to the site. Please use the appropriate keywords for our challenge; an example is TTIC42 for challenge 42. No number signs (#) or spaces are needed in the keyword. You can also add in more general keywords for Splitcoast/Flickr ( such as Twilight, Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge, etc.).

Comments/Posting your link: Please leave a comment with the link to you challenge piece to tell us that you played along with us! Then we can visit you and leave lovely comments for you! And don't forget that leaving a comment on Twilight Tuesday will get you entered into this months blog candy giveaway!

Come on...Give it a go..Challenge yourself...I know you can!

Lots Of Twilight Love

Donna
Xx

10 comments :

Alison said...

I think you did a great job Donna! I had a rough time at first too! But it's always good when a challenge pushes you! It is a beautiful card! I love it!

Erica said...

I am in love with this card. You did such a beautiful job! This challenge was really difficult for me to and I came up with it. I love your comment portion. You are so sweet.

Eve said...

You did a great job on this Donna. I love the image and the flowers together....it looks great!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Don, Breathtaking...you coloring is magnificent! I love all the different elements! You could always say you chose polka dotted paper to clash with her striped socks! :) It was a tough challenge! it is wonderful having you as a friend! Great job, love ya!

ellepaulette said...

Wow. I am so impressed and amazed! I just flat out love your card. Everything about is completely rocks!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful card! I love those flowers! and your coloring is perfection, as always ;)
You cracked me up! I have to be as close to matching as possible too! Although, my card for today doesn't exactly match, but it blends quite nicel ;) LOL!
Great job :*)

Julie said...

Oh, Donna - that is EXACTLY how I felt, doing this challenge -- it was PAINFUL to me, the idea of the elements not working perfectly together! What you ended up with is just beautiful -- just like ALL of your work! And oh my goodness, your comment portion was so moving that I'm about to shed a tear! You are just a gem, lovey!!

Lainee said...

Once again your creative talent shone through, Donna. This is a beautiful card and you did such a lovely job with it! It's not easy leaving your comfort zone and you have handled it extremely well!

susy said...

Gorgeous Don. So glad to be out of bed and see all the lovelies you have been making over the last week.
See you Sunday.
Xx

Anonymous said...

Gorjuss, gorjuss, gorjuss! I just love Gorjuss girls! Great job on this challenge!