Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TTIC # 41 - The Love Triangle...

Well hello! Is it already Tuesday?...Where did last week go? I tell you what, I just feel like this year is going by so fast.... And in blogger land, it has been such a great year so far! Did you see my good news?...If not, have a look down at my last post!
Anyway enough of my mindless chatter! On to the important stuff...

This week's Twilight Tuesday theme is by the wonderfully talented and gorgeous Eve.

"The Love Triangle"

Eve writes: It's complicated...We all know that. I mean really could you choose? Well for some of us it is easy {Edward for me!} However, for Bella it is a little more difficult. Jacob fills that void {or hole} while Edward is gone. And does a pretty good job at it. It is complicated and for sure - a love triangle at it's best. Is Jacob more of a brother type figure? Or do you see Bella falling into love with Jacob while Edward is gone? There are so many angles to this triangle....

Craft Challenge: Make a card {or other item} that represents the love triangle between Bella, Edward and Jacob.

Comment Challenge: What do you feel were some of the down falls of this love triangle? What do you feel were some of the high points?

Well this one's a doozy...Thanks Eve! I was actually reading Eclipse...again (well, I am waiting for my BDB books to get here!) and I came across this one part that I love...You know the one when Edward gets all protective...

"One more thing," Edward said slowly. 'I'll be fighting for her, too. You should know that. I'm not taking anything for granted, and I'll be fighting twice as hard as you will."
"Good," Jacob growled. "It's no fun beating someone who forfeits."
"She is mine." Edward's low voice was suddenly dark, not as composed as before. "I didn't say I would fight fair."
"Neither did I."
- Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chpt 15, pg 341.

Love that part!... Anyway, I decided to take a leaf out of the very talented and beautiful Alison's book and create a layout ( yes, Susy you can get up off the floor now!)... Ok, please keep in mind I have never created a layout of anything other than me or my family before so just keep that in mind.....


I went with the "traditional" Twilight colours and borrowed a saying I saw on a fan made New Moon poster... "When you can't stay with the one you love, will you stay with the one that loves you? I used some Graphic 45 DP and Jenni Bowlin as well. Chucked on some butterflies and used one of the little charms I got from Artful INKables...The bite me one..Cause I am an Edward girl!

Bit of a closer look...

Paper: Graphic 45 and Jenni Bowlin
Images: Photobucket
Stamps: Gel-a-tins, Butterflies are Free
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Accessories: Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, Artful INKables charms, Fiskars Border Punch


Ok...I actually have a pretty strong view about this whole Love Triangle thing... But, you could be here all night listening to my views... Basically I think, although Edward left her and all and she developed feelings for Jacob when Edward was away, when he came back and she forgave him...Bella should of put the whole Jacob thing to rest... But, if she had of done that, we wouldn't have had much of a story line in Eclipse would we?

So if you want to play... Go on over to Twilight Tuesday and checkout the rules... Cause I'm too lazy to write them down this week...And while your there PLEASE have a look around...You won't be disappointed! Now for the totally fun bit... Checkout what the other wonderfully talented ladies on the Design Team have created...

Dani ~ Eve ~ Jen ~ Rebecca

Guest Designers:

Alison ~ Jacquie ~ Erica

Beth, Julie, Margie and Tonya are having a sabbatical this week...

Lots Of Twilight Love

Donna
Xx

- I didn't forget you this time Jac!

17 comments :

Alison said...

Where do I begin??? First, thank you for mentioning me! Glad to have inspired you! Second, what a great layout! I especially love the phrase and the charm you used. Third, your paper layering is just magnificent! I looked at it close up, and couldn't believe how many layers you have... and the patterns all work perfectly together! What an awesome job!

Jen Shults said...

Thud. That is amazing. I LOVE that sentiment. That is just perfect. And the rest of it is just brilliant. I keep look and finding more to like and Alison is absolutely right... the layer is gorgeous... it adds a lot of richness. :D

susy said...

Well I'm up off te floor and so glad you did, love, love it. You know you should do this more right???
C U soon.
Xx

Jacqueline said...

Oh...My...Edward....This is AMAZING!!! Whoa, pick ME up off the floor too You are a GENIUS!! I love this page, the depth, the images, the charm...GORgeous! These papers are so rich adds so much to your page but you are the master of putting these together to look like perfection! I know you wouldnt forget me :) Love you!!

Erica said...

Awesome! I love everything about it. I agree with Susy, you should do more of these. The sentiment is perfect and I love the string wrapped around and finished off with the charm. Fantastic!

The Greeting Farm said...

Just wanted to say your vintagey Snuggle card is one of my favorites from the CA blog yesterday. Thanks and keep up the fantastic work!

Marie

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

WOW!!!
What a gorgeous layout! Love everything about it!
I'm speechless :)

:*)

Eve said...

This is wonderful. I see we used the same pics! Those are great huh? You work is amazing and every week I fall flat on the floor. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

ellepaulette said...

Awesome, awesome layout! Super, uper perfection!! Everything about it is wonderful from the colors to the pictures to the embellishments!!

Beth said...

Don, you are AMAZING! This is gorgeous. Everything, every detail is just perfect! Awesome job, girlfriend. Straight up - Awe. Some.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the books nor have I seen the movie - but I do know your work and YOU ROCK!
Hugs girl!
em

Michelle said...

HOLY SMOKES - this is AWESOME!!! I LOVE that you scrapbooked something other than family/friends. How cool to capture on a page. LOVE the photos - gotta get me some of those!!

I'm a newbie and just finished New Moon. Bought Eclipse today and will be starting it shortly. I'm really looking forward to it!

Julie said...

OH.MY.EDWARD -- this is stunning! Beautiful, beautiful work, Donna! Seriously impressive!

Tonya Klar said...

This is beautiful!! ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Donna that is just... like... WOW. it's gorgeous.

Lainee said...

WOW! Another Donna Wardle masterpiece. I don't know how you keep coming up with such outstanding creations. This is absolutely brilliant. I love it!

Jamee said...

OME!!! I love your layout!!! It's perfect!!!