Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Perpetual High...And Moments of Doubt!


After being on a perpetual high for the last few days I have finally calmed down enough to actually think "OMG! What have I got myself into? Am I in way over my head? What if I let these ladies down? What If what I come up with isn't what they want?"

...But I always do this..I always doubt myself and I wonder why? Why do I do this? The answer?.....Well, being on a design team, be it only a guest position is a thing I have always wanted to do but never had the guts to try...I have never thought my work really good enough. Oh yeah, sure, I owned a scrapbooking shop but I had two VERY talented friends to help me through and I always thought their stuff was better than mine anyway....

I do have all my friends telling me I am good at what I do but until recently I have never really believed them....And now this group of very talented, lovely ladies picked me BECAUSE of my work and that they believe that I can do this.... And for once I am starting to believe in myself too.

I didn't do this post so you would all say "Oh Donna, what the hell are you going on about of course you are good enough"....I posted it because I finally think I AM good enough and writing this and baring my soul so to speak helps me to get over this doubt that follows me around like a black cloud. So thank you for sitting through my rant and thank you to all those people that believe in me.....

Xx

12 comments :

Jacqueline said...

I believe in ya chicka!!!! You rock! Glad you realize it too, 'bout time ;) These cards are amazing too BTW! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Well said YOU! Of course you are good enough. YOU ARE BETTER THAN GOOD ENOUGH!

xx
oo...

em

susy said...

Well duh....glad you finally got it, we've only been telling how good you are for how many years now?
Love you
Xx

Jamee said...

beautiful card!!!

Sandie said...

Well done with finally realising YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!
We never think that we are good enough but we are. YOU ARE!!!! lol
I love checking in to see what you've been up to & am always excited to see what you have created. Loving the canvases you are creating at the mo. Fantastic!! I wish I was half as talented as you are girl. Enjoy your experience and know that everyone will be waiting with baited breathe to see what you do.
luv ya girl!!
cheers xxxxxxxxxx

Bec said...

Donna this is just Stunning.. I love the red and black combo.. Great Minds think a like.. Bec xx

Jen Shults said...

Ah! Don't be nervous at ALL. Your work is AMAZING. AMAZING. And these cards are gorgeous. You will be a fantastic addition to the design team. FANTASTIC!!!!

Alison said...

I know how you feel Donna! I've been nervous too! But it's great that you can finally say that you're talented 'cause you are! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Sharon said...

I love your work... you are an inspiration to me as all my creative friends are!!! If I am good, you must be better since you taught me all I know!!! Love you! By the way I think I am good (most of the time) we all have moments of self doubt we wouldn't be human otherwise!!!

Rebecca said...

You will do great!
Rule # 1: have FUN with the challenges!
Rule #2? See Rule 1!

Julie said...

Donna, Donna, Donna -- do not doubt yourself for a SECOND! You are going to be fantastic - and I'm about to comment to that end on your first challenge card (as a DT member, that is). Rebecca is right -- HAVE FUN! We are truly looking forward to seeing the beautiful things you will add to the team!

Brenda said...

"You are God's paintbrush, God's pen, God's body to dance upon the earth and bring about the new." - Thomas Kinkade
Your work is truly amazing my friend. You always surprise me. Keep up the fantastic work Donna. I have always believed in you. YOU GO GIRL!!