Friday, May 29, 2009

TTIC # 33 - Favourite New Moon Quotes.

I hate being sick!! Not only does it put me behind with everything (more than usual) it turns my brain into mush....So, I'm sorry this weeks Twilight Tuesday Challenge is a bit later than I normal would have done, but I have had a bit on this week what with the P!nk concert, getting BJ's cold/flu/virus...and then I had to wait for Andy to get home from Sydney with his lap top so I could use the printer....very frustrating. Anyway enough of my tirade....

This weeks challenge is by the beautiful Beth, please checkout her blog it is fantastic.....


I love quotes that capture a moment - just a sentence or two that stick out and remain in your memory forever. My challenge is to choose one from New Moon (that is a challenge in and of itself ~ choosing just one) that sticks with you. One of my favorite quotes in the whole series is from Jake, of course, and since I have used it already, I will ‘challenge’ myself to find another. But as Challenge Mistress, I will wield my considerable power and share it anyway - even if it is a little long.Craft Portion: Create a project that captures the moment and complements the quote you’ve chosen.
Comment Portion: Explain why your quote is memorable to you and what about it ‘grabbed’ you initially.

Ok, this was actually pretty easy for me as this is my favourite book in the series....or so I thought. There are sooooo many quotes I like!! So I checked out what the lovely ladies on the design team had picked out...

Dani ~ Eve ~ Jen ~ Julie ~ Margie ~ Rebecca

and Tonya

They all came up with some wonderful stuff..... Which one was I going to pick?!
I started thinking I would have to just put the whole book on my blog, but I had a strong feeling that my sick, mushy brain would probably explode!
So, I decided to go back to the bit I like the best....Edward and Bella's reunion (now there's mush I could happily sit and read about all day!).


Here's just one bit I like...

Option three: Edward loved me. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.
Was that what I'd been trying to tell myself?
"Oh!"
"Bella?"
"Oh. Okay. I see."
"Your epiphany?" he asked. His voice uneven and strained.
"You love me," I marveled. The sense of conviction and rightness washed through me again.
Though his eyes were still anxious, the crooked smile I loved best flashed across his face. "Truly, I do".

So I made this....


Then I decided to put this one on. I made this card for the Twilight Tuesday Sketch Challenge....sort of fitted as well!


Thanks for looking...
Xx

5 comments :

Jacqueline said...

Sorry you havent been feeling well sweetie! Of course I love your TTSC card and I love this card for this challenge, beautiful!! Love the rounded edges and I love this part of the book best too!! Thanks for ALL the sweetest comments on my blog! You blow me away :) hugs!! I am so glad we are friends!

susy said...

Still sick you poor thing, hope it goes soon. I pulled new moon out last night to read again then fell asleep instead,this has given me the push to stay awake tonight,lol. Trouble is when I start reading every thing else just goes away, good for me, not so good for the family.
sending wellness vibes your way.
Xx
P.S. Do you need some virtual chicken soup,lol?

Bec said...

Hi Donna, Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope you are better soon... I absolutely love these cards.. Bec xx

Rebecca said...

Your cards are INCREDIBLE! I'm sooooo in AWE with BOTH of them ~ thanks so much for playing along with us!

Jamee said...

your cards are beautiful and I love the quote that you used!! If only there were enough Edwards for all of us :)