Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TTIC 31 - Graduation


One of my most favorite scenes in the movie occurs when Edward is showing his home to Bella for the first time. As they go up the stairs, they pass a huge frame full of graduation caps.

Bella asks “Graduation caps?” and Edward replies “Private joke. We matriculate a lot“.

Craft portion: Create a project suitable to give as a graduation gift!

Comment portion: Reminisce about your graduation … or an upcoming graduation for someone in your life.

This weeks theme was set by Rebecca at Twilight Tuesday ...... and well, CRAP! We don't do the graduation thing in Australia!! OMG I LOVE these challenges!

So, anyway I really don't know what you give for a graduation present...Car maybe or have I been watching to many American movies?! So I decided to do another canvas......



And a matching card......


As for my graduation story...I don't have one! But I did have a great year 12 and I passed which is what counts......right?!
Xx

8 comments :

susy said...

Clever(and pretty) interpretation once again. We miss out sometimes on all those special little occasions that we Aussies are to casual to acknowledge. the only graduation I think we really celebrate is uni and some secondary schools celebrate finishing year 12. My niece graduatued uni recently and they did the whole hat throwing, gift giving thing(no cars though,lol)
see you Saturday.
Xx

Anonymous said...

OME (Oh, My EDWARD!) these are amazing! I love the square canvas project - it FABULOUS! And your card too! Thanks for sharing the project with us - I had no idea that graduations aren't big "down under"

inky hugs-
Rebecca

Julie said...

This is LOVELY! Your canvas is really reminiscent of the graduation cap collage at the Cullen's house, too! Thank you so much for playing along with our Twilight Tuesday challenge -- we appreciate your support!

Erica said...

Beautiful cards! I love the simplistic elegance to them. So glad you are a fellow Twilighter! Again, great work!

Jacqueline said...

Oh these are gorgeous!!! I love the canvas, love the colors and all the details!! Beautiful card!! Love the sentiment!! I LOVE seeing your creations!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a canvas before and I LOVE it! What a cool idea! This is a fab grad gift! I also had no idea Aussies didn't do graduations! I love learning these bits of info! I never received a car for grad. Must be the rich kids who do...LOL. Money is a popular thing. Your card and canvas are PERFECT and the colors are AWESOME. I'm so glad you are playing the TTIC with us!

ellepaulette said...

I love your projects! They are just perfect!!

Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a blog award. Check out my blog for all the details.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! I need to come here more. WOW... Love your work girl.

Maybe I should read Twilight! Yes, I'm one of the only losers who haven't! hahaha But if it will inspire this talent. I'm in!

HUGS!