Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TTIC 30......The Ballet Studio.




Today’s challenge is all about The Ballet Studio Scene from Twilight.

I thought this room would be visually dramatic for my little film. That’s why I picked this place to meet you. It’s perfect, isn’t it?

-James

Twilight, Chapter 22, p.449

Sigh. There is just something about James…

Anyways, I have always found this an interesting scene. I am not sure if I like the book version better than the movie version though.

I am also not sure if I agree with Edward’s decision to keep Bella from changing into a vampire.

Craft Portion: Create a project that shows your favorite part(s) of the Ballet Studio Scene.

Comment Portion: How do you feel about this scene from Twilight. Was it not scary enough? Do you think Edward made the right decision to keep Bella from turning?


My first thoughts were...... Wow!! This weeks challenge is going to be a hard one. What am I going to do?!

Andy has taken his Lap Top away with him this week and I need it to print out things....so I can't do that....
My SIL has borrowed my Twilight Book so that ruled out my idea of doing a fabulous quote.
I don't have many "girly ballet kind" of stamps....What do you expect I have boys!! ( Note to self: Buy more "girly" stamps!).

So I sat down and thought about the studio...Well, when I think of ballet I think of elegance and beauty....not to mention the the guys in tights but, back to the subject at hand....
Then I thought about why Bella was going to the studio in the first place.... To save her mum.

" To die in the place of someone you love is a good way to go."

So because Mother's Day is fast approaching and because I have had my own mother on my mind a lot this week, I made a Mother's Day Card......
I know it's not exactly what the Twilight Challenge has asked for, but here it is....



I personally loved both versions of the ballet scene... I liked the book because of the emotion and the desperate way Edward loves Bella, you can feel it coming off the pages....But, I really like the movie version because Edward gets to kick James butt! (by the way, I think Cam is an excellent James and a bit hot as well!).
I do think think that Edward made the right decision in not changing Bella....

1. There would be no New Moon, Eclipse, or Breaking Dawn if he did!
2. I can understand Edward's point of view when it comes to Bella's soul....

Thanks for looking!
Xx


6 comments :

Anonymous said...

To right Cam is hot, I got hot just looking at the photo. I love how you think outside of the box with the Twilight challenge. Makes people go 'wow, wouldn't have thought of that'. LOVE IT!!

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow donna what a wonderful way to spin this challenge!! It is TOTALLY fitting for this part of the book!!! Bella sacrificed herself not only for Edward but her mother too! So smart you are!! I LOVE this card!!! Simple and elegant much like bellas love for everyone! I need some girly stamps Too and I have a girl!! SO glad you are playing along!! :)

susy said...

And, I don't think Edward could have been able to take the fact that it would be James venom turning her not his own. OK, you are so clever, I would never have thought to do any thing like this.
the challenges seem like fun and right up your alley you obsessed little fan you. Have you seen Cam in never back down, plays another good bad guy.
love ya,
Sue.
Xx

ellepaulette said...

I love you card!! Great colors and layout! Just perfect!
Thanks so much for playing with us. :)

Eve said...

You are a girl after my own heart I swear! Using my favorite colors!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Girl, I LOVE your take on this challenge! Gorgeous and elegant card!
Thanks for playing along with us :)