Monday, March 16, 2009

Lost In Austen

I was, as I do every Sunday, flicking through the TV guide and I came across an article about a new mini-series called...."Lost in Austen". Straight away my curiosity was peaked! "I love Jane Austen, what have they come up with now?". Well it wasn't what I expected....

"Ever wish Pride and Prejudice turned out differently in the end?"....... Well no, not really, but I kept reading...."One moment, bored bank worker Amanda Price is curled up on the sofa with a glass of red and her favourite book, Pride and Prejudice. The next, she literally becomes lost in the story when she finds a strange portal in her bathroom and swaps places with heroine Elizabeth Bennet"........Hold on..WHAT??!!. Well I thought, "I am NOT watching this how can they RUIN one of my favourite books???" Then I got really curious...."Oh, what the heck, if I don't like it I can always turn it off!".

Honestly, it was really good and I had a really good giggle out of it! And if you are a die hard Jane Austen fan like me but don't take the whole thing too seriously you will probably enjoy it too!

Ok....I wasn't going to, but I have to tell you there is one scene in which after Mr Darcy and Amanda declare their love for each other and she asks him to do one thing for her..... She asks him to take off his jacket and in his nice white shirt get into the water fountain.... You can imagine the rest! Watch out Colin Frith....YOU have serious competition!!
Xx

If you want to watch the "Lost in Austen, Mr Darcy and the water scene" you can on Youtube...

1 comment :

Sam said...

Hi Donna,

I watched this mini series, and I loved it! Especially the white shirt/pond scene..sigh ;-).

Best wishes,
Sam.

PS. Love your wooden (outdoor?) table with the high gloss finish.....looks AMAZING!