Friday, January 16, 2009

Granite Island...

After our exciting visit to Wardle Bridge, Andy and I decided to take the boys to Victor Harbour and visit Granite Island. There is only one long bridge that goes from the main land to the island, we call it a jetty really, but it's a really good walk and the views from the island itself are amazing...I took so many shots and wanted to put more on but I won't bore you with all of them, so enjoy...

Looking back at the foreshore of Victor Harbour.

This is the view you when you first get on the island...

I liked they way the rocks looked in the foreground and the small jetty in the back...

A view from the other side of the island......Yep that's the ocean!

I asked Cam to pose for me so he did this.....

Then, I asked BJ to pose for me and he copied his brother....

A pretty view...

Cam and his dad...

Looking back at Victor Harbour.

I love this shot...

The boys waiting for their mum.... I was taking photo's!!!!

View of the jetty on the way back....

Heading back over to the main land....

This is one of they many horses that pull the trams over to the island......as much fun as a ride would be, at $7 a seat, for 4 of us...... I think walking is nicer.
Xx

6 comments :

Anne Elizabeth said...

It looks like fun! The views were beautiful. It looks so warm there. It was -4 here today.

susy said...

Gorgeous shots. Love granite island, it's so pituresque. BJ and Cam's matching poses are cool, they need to be scrapped.
Catcha soon
Xx

Sandie said...

WOW Donna - these pics are brilliant!!! I love Granite Island. I so love the matching poses from the boys - cute!!
Looks like you had lots of fun.

COCO said...

Hi Donna,

I havent been on Granite Island for years. When I lived at Mount Compass I used to go to Victor to do my grocery shopping whilst my washing slossed in the machine at the Victor Laundramat. Oh Dear, that was an age ago. The shots you took are cool. I like the rocks in the foreground too. Well done. Hope you are all well. xx Coco

Sandie said...

Hey Don,
I'd like to change my blog template. Can you help me out again??? Appreciate it.
luv ya

Sandie said...

I would love - 'Navy Cherry Blossom' as my new one thanks.
xxxxxxxx