Monday, November 10, 2008

A Year On.......

Just thought I would do an update on the house....Although I prefer to decorate the inside I wanted to show you what we have done on the outside. I have been waiting to put these photo's on my blog for sometime but held off until now so you can see how far we have come in the space of a year......This photo is of the side of the house pre lawn and plant boxes, I am so glad that it's all done and looks very nice now!

The side of the house facing into the backyard as it looked this morning......

The side of the house at a different angle before Andy built the plant boxes. You can imagine how impressed I was with all the dust that got in the house!

The backyard and pergola about a week after the lawn was put down......We put the lawn down around about the 10th of December last year.

The backyard and pergola as it is today......

This is the front before lawn, obviously....

I took this photo a week after we put down the lawn last year.....

A photo of the front of the house I took today..... The roses are coming along quite nicely!

This is Andy putting in the pipes for the sprinklers in the backyard....If I remember right, he did this in the 40 degree heat wave last spring.... It was so hot I don't think the air conditioner got a break for a week, not to mention Andy lost 5 kgs with all the work he did......Why wasn't I out there with him??? Oh that's right, I HATE digging!

This is a photo of the backyard I took today..... We haven't put any plants along the fences just yet as we are still deciding what to put there. Good picture of BJ's trampoline and climbing pole!
Xx

4 comments :

susy said...

Looking forward to seeing it IRL when I come up on the 12th. (Yes that means at the moment everyhting is on track to go twilighting withyou,woohoo. lets hope it stays that way)
Xx

Melody said...

That looks great. I wish my lawn was that pretty.

Anne Elizabeth said...

It looks so much better! Someday my lawn will be as nice too:)

mindi said...

Wow - it looks fantastic!! I can't believe we're heading into winter, and you're heading into summer. No fair (whine) - I really don't like the cold!