Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wild Flower Wednesday Challenge # 7 - Use A Ribbon and Homemade Flowers


If you are looking for my
There She Goes Blog Hop Card
just scroll down a bit or click HERE





Hey Everyone
it's time for another

Wild Flower Wednesday Challenge

This week Jen has challenged us to

Use Ribbon and Homemade Flowers

on our cards.

I decided because
Wild Flower Kids Stamps
is sponsoring the

Oh Alice Challenge Blog

that I might combine both challenges...

This week the "Twisted Thirteen" have also challenged us to
use a butterfly and or caterpillar on our cards

And to try keeping with the Oh Alice theme
I decided to use Jen's version of Alice for
this particular card and not only use homemade
flowers.... Maybe a homemade
butterfly as well....




I coloured Alice in with my Prisma's, cut her out
then mounted her on some white cardstock that I distressed with
a Tim Holtz distress ink called Weathered Wood.
I also thought I would use this gorgeous
DP from Bo Bunny and then punch out some flowers
using my Fiskars Daisy Punches...I Have 3 the same but
different sizes. I punched out the butterfly using my
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
(that I have been dying to use)
and I matched the card with some gingham ribbon.



I also punched out some more flowers and
another butterfly for the inside of the card.

Now we would really love it if you could join in
on both challenges this week.
But.... If you get stuck and are looking for inspiration
head on over to the
Wild Flower Patch
and checkout what the Wild Flower Design Team
have come up with this week!!




Thanks for Looking!!


Stamps: WFK - Alice Digital Stamp
Ink: TH Distress Ink - Weathered Wood and Walnut Stain
Paper: Bo Bunny, Bazzil
Accessories: Fiskars Daisy Punch- 3 sizes, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Martha Stewart
Border Punch, Ribbon, Kaiser Craft Gems
Technique: Distressing, Prisma Pencils




11 comments :

Alison said...

So pretty Donna! I really like your butterfly punch!

Mary Giles said...

Love the browns and all those fabulous homemade embellies. Alice really pops with her blue dress. Super layout too!

Alyssa S said...

Adorable!! I can tell you are in the fall mood with your color combos lately...

Vicki G said...

How darned gorgeous is she! I love the colours and the flowers and butterflies!

Vicki

Cheryl Valadez said...

Such a lovely card! Love the trail of flowers that the butterfly seems to be leaving in the path of its flight. So many perfect details!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

SOO Cute Donna!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card!

Jen Shults said...

Gorgeous Donna! This is just a wonderful layout (like always) and I love the punches and colors... great colors! Always perfection girl! LY!!

Tasha said...

This is gorgeous Donna, the mix of DPs is fabulous and the butterfly and flowers is a stunning combo
love tasha xx

WickedPixie said...

This is really pretty Donna! :-)Traci

Risa said...

Oh Donna, your card is beautiful!!! You are so fabulous at coloring and combining different elements beautifully, I LOVE everything about your card!
hugs
Risa:)