Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Little Changes...


I have actually made a few significant changes around the house and sort of know the direction I am going in... I know what I like, basically. I just have to keep telling myself "One room at a time Donna"... How frustrating is that?! But it's the only way Andy is going to survive this process and right now he's been brilliant! Anyhoo.. I have made a few changes around the house and one of them was to paint my tall chest of drawers by the back sliding door...

This is what it looked like before...


Sorry about the grainy picture. I didn't take a before shot, duh! I know! The poor old thing is about 14 years old and has been knocked around. It's also made out of recycled wood which made the whole "make over" process a little bit harder that I thought it would be...


I started off sanding the chest by hand, but it was going to take me at least two days of hard work.... Not that I'm afraid of a little elbow grease but after one side I was a tad tired... I was lucky and my neighbor Rod took pity on me and lent me his sander... A new sander has now gone to the top of my "I want list". So what was going to take forever actually took one day of work. Then we primed, sanded again, and after I hummed and erred about paint colours ( I finally choose Wattyl, Colorbond, Nightsky) we then gave the chest two coats of paint.

This is the chest all finished...


We bought new knobs from Bunnings because I really didn't like the old hardware and it wasn't the look I wanted for the finished chest...



And after debating with Wendy, James and Andy for a full hour... No, it was really 5 minutes... These were the ones we settled on...

So there you go, another project crossed off the list!!

Donna


Post a Comment