Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Can I Actually Do This?



Ok... Here's the thing, I have ALWAYS loved art! In any form, be it cardmaking, scrapbooking, SMASHing, Project Life, photography.... And Art Galleries, OMG, Art Galleries are little bits of Heaven for me and I can spend hours wandering around just gazing at everything... I get goosebumps just thinking about it. And here's the other thing... I have always thought (and still do) that I could never do it. I would never be good enough. Ok, yes, I make cards and I do all the other things I have listed but not... you know, actually painting on canvas.... Until now.

I really don't know "why now" and I really don't know if what I am about to show you is good enough but I decided that it was time. Time to let down the walls and time to just say "Hey, why not me?" and "What have I got to lose?".. So here goes. I call it "Daisy" and it's my very first canvas.



.... I didn't set off with a plan I just went with it. I have learn't a few things on the way and can I just say... The freedom of just doing....WOW!! It was exhilarating and wonderful and.... free. So, even though I have put this out there so everyone can judge, I am actually proud of what I made and I know it's not the most awesome piece of art work that was ever created... Can I actually do this?....Maybe I can?!

Donna

Post a Comment