Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Wonderful Surprise and a Early Birthday Gift...







Growing up in our family our parents exposed us to many different types of music. I'm not saying it was all good exposure {Slim Dusty still makes me cringe and want to go into hiding... Thanks dad!!} but there were defiantly bits and pieces of music that rubbed off on my sister and me that we really loved to listen to and still do...

Musicals was one of the things my mum, sister and I enjoyed together. It was OUR thing, just the 3 of us...  I have seen CATS, Phantom Of The Opera and Dancing In The Rain... Cindy has seen The Lion King and Phantom and I am sure a few others. Mum had a video {yes... video peoples} of Oklahoma that was nearly worn out. And I think both Cindy and I have Chicago in the DVD collection .... You get the general idea!

So, the reason for all this background information?? Well, I really was surprised after work on Wednesday afternoon while doing a few jobs around the house when Cam called out "Aunty Cindy's here"... You have to realize that this statement is highly unusual as Cindy lives 3 and 1/2 hours away in Penola. I went outside to greet and to ask what was she doing here and her reply was... "Happy early Birthday, I'm taking you to see Jesus Christ Superstar!!" Holy CRAP!! REALLY!!! Cindy has officially won BEST SISTER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD status!! So this was our night... 

* Cindy and me all dressed and ready to go * We went to eat at the newly re-vamped Giovanni's in Mount Barker * My {OMG yummy, scrummy} Chicken Tandoori pizza * The stage before the show started * Selfies * The very full Adelaide Entertainment Center * We weren't allowed to take photos' during the performance, but I didn't think it would matter at the end when they were taking a bow *

Donna

2 comments :

McStamper said...

Donna, I love this post. One of the highlights of my life was seeing Richard Burton in Camelot in the 70s. So glad you had a great birthday (early).

A Consuming Passion said...

How fabulous for you! I was talking to a friend of mine in Sydney and she was taking her Mum to see it ...LOL
Now I'm wondering where......Unless it's now moved to Sydney!