Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tiddly Inks Challenge - My Favourite Tiddly Inks?!



Ok... In theory this fortnights challenge "Create Something Using Your Favourite Tiddly Inks" should be clear, concise, simple and easy HELLO NOT!!!! Whoever thought up this challenge (Melissa) was creating a right royal headache... I mean honestly how can you choose??? There are so many gorgeous images.... The fairies and bugs, the Victorian Gothic/steam punk images, those really cute robots and aliens, and what about little Claire, Annie, Donna and Belinda, Oh!!! Don't forget the new Fantasy Friends images that Christy released last week and of course there is Wyrn... SO NOT FAIR!! So if you are going to attempt this challenge... Good luck, cause you are going to need it!!! I ended up going with one of the first images that I ever bought from Christy... "New Nest". Truth be told, I haven't coloured this image up before so I saw this as a good opportunity to kill two birds so to speak because this image IS just ONE of my favourites....




I started of by printing "New Nest" out on white card stock and then coloured it in with my Prismacolor pencils. Because I wanted the image to be the main focus of the card I kept things fairly simple by cutting the image out within a circle and placing it smack bang in the middle!! The "Thinking Of You" sentiment is from Hero Arts and the flower from Prima. The papers are from MME's Indie Chic "Nutmeg" 6x6 paper pad.





If you would like to join us for this two week challenge you can get the full details at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and if you like "New Nest" you can find this gorgeous image HERE at the Tiddly Inks Store.

And please be sure to hop around and check out what the rest of the Tiddly Inks Design Team has made!


7 comments :

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah donna!!
oh oh oh oh oh!! I love this so much! the layout is so cute and those little clouds look awesome too!
huge hugs Lou xxx

ccroll said...

LOL!!! I had such a good giggle at you this morning!! :) What a funny write-up and I will take that horrible Melissa to task for creating a dreadfully hard challenge....hehe

As always, your card is adorable!

Danni said...

So sweet!!

Unknown said...

I love this! the image absolutely pops in the circle. Beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

This is ONE of my favorites too :) Lovely coloring and cute clouds!

Lou Mac said...

Heehee, I love the intro to this!! I was totally the same. At first I though.. obviously it's gotta be Wryn, right? WRONG!! When I was scrolling through all the possibilities I felt like my brain was gonna start oozing from my ears! LOL.
We all got there in the end though, phew!!

Gorgeous card! Love how all eyes are on WTYN! <3 Gorgeous colours, and I love that rolled flower! Yummity yummy!! xo

Arabella said...

This is just gorgeous Donna! I so love your style!

Arabella