Friday, July 6, 2012

Show Us Your Life Home Tour - Master Bedroom





I must admit that I love most of the aspects of my bedroom. It has taken me years to get to how it looks now and that's mainly because of my hubby and his phobia about colour on walls AND not to mention the whole hanging stuff on walls... Anywhoo, by some miracle I have some how managed to to get my feature wall and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be which surprised the hell out of me!! I could go on and on about Andy and his lack of decorating skills, not that I'm the expert, but I am SO MUCH better at it than him!! But, we would be here forever ....So, onto the tour...

This is the view you get when you walk into the room. If there was one thing I would change about our house apart from a larger laundry it would be the size of the bedrooms. Our room is not so bad but after we had the boys WIR put in the rooms seem to shrink dramatically. But you will see that in the next tour... The first thing you see is the GORGEOUS painting above my bed which I got for my 40th birthday from Wendy and Cindy.  




This is the view from the right hand corner facing back to the door. My ambition it to eventually get rid of Andy's wardrobe...Oops, I mean the wooden chair in the corner and get a nice plush chair with no arms. I have no idea what colour but I am thinking grey or white pattern ... Maybe...



This the view from the left hand-side {where the chair sits}. As you can see we have an on-suite... It's small... but it's mine... and I don't have to share with teenage boys!!!
 


This is a closer shot of my painting... Which I love... But you know that!!



When we painted the bedroom {as well as the whole house} I had these blue lamp shades and wooden bases on the side tables and they looked awful!! So, with the help of ones BFF we picked out these gorgeous ones to go with the new colour scheme...



This is a little cushion I have had forever and I do love it on the bed but I am planning to get a boler cushion to go there instead ...



This is my jewelry box. My mum bought it for me and you know how sentimental I am with things that my mum gave me... Plus it's a good size!!



This is my side of the bed. Usually it has books and hand cream as well as my babies on it, but I just dusted so it's all nice and clean...



This is the on suite... I hate the tiles and if I could I would have grey ones on the floor. Maybe after I get the kitchen done..LOL!



So that was "The Master Bedroom". Next week I will show you the boys rooms and the spare room.



1 comment :

Stampin' Granny said...

Am enjoying seeing your home, Donna! Are you really always this NEAT?!! You really have a lovely home and you've done a wonderful job of decorating. Can't wait to see the boys' rooms next. :)