Friday, July 27, 2012

Show Us Your Life Home Tour - The Boy's Bedrooms







So finally I get to show you the boys bedrooms... There really is nothing very special about them really, it was just a matter of actually having them at least a bit tidy to show you what they look like... I'm a bit pedantic like that! ... Anywhoo, if I could change anything about them it would be that they could be a little larger especially now Bj has a double bed...


Bj's Room

This the view you get when you enter the room from the kitchen/dinning room. This room actually used to be the spare room but when we painted we swapped the rooms around to give Bj a bit more space... Then we bought the double bed so that sort of back fired on us... :0)



This is his new bed... Ok, long story. Bj had bunk beds that he inherited from Cam when we bought Cam his desk/bed which you will see further down in the post. Anywhoo, I was changing the sheets of said bunk bed and noticed that there was a significant dip in the top bunk where Bj slept. One thing you have to understand is that Bj maybe only 14 but he is a tall and sold 14 year old... I just though it was the mattress and asked Andy if he could flip it for me and when he came in to do it he took one look at the bed and said ..."Honey, that's not the mattress"... Oh crap!! So bed shopping we went... We thought we might get Bj a king single bed but when we were pricing everything it turned out cheaper to get him a double bed which he will need later down the track anyway... So hence...He gets a double bed...



This bookcase Andy made... Cam has one in his room too. See everything all lined up in neat little rows..Well, that's one of the many the autism things he does ...



Bj won this print at school about two years ago... I have no idea why he chose it but I suspect it's the whole boy/car thing...



A shot of the BIR {built in robes} we had put in when we bought the house...



A closer shot of Bj's bookcase...



This is a print that Wendy and James bought Bj for his birthday this year... Don't they remind you of Dr Who??!!



Cam's Room
This is Cam's Bunk/desk bed. We thought as he was going to high school this year that he might need a desk for when he has homework etc. ..



Just a closer shot of the view you get when you walk in the room...Sorry about the poor quality of the photo the light wasn't exactly in the right spot when I was taking them.



This is Cam's bookcase. You can see that it's a little sparse compared to Bj's. he is slowly growing out of all his baby toys... He's not quite ready to give up everything just yet!



This is a print that Wendy and James bought him for his birthday last year... I happen to really love this!



A shot of his desk which unless I have just dusted it is NEVER this clean!!



And this is a shot of his BIR ...



So that's the boys rooms... Next week I will show you the study and the spare room!!



1 comment :

Lou Mac said...

I really love stopping by your blog. It truly is like a diary! :)
I think I like Cams room the best, I always wanted a bunk bed set up thingy when I was younger.
Fab wall art in both rooms too.
Will they stay so tidy for very long?! LOL. xo