Friday, June 22, 2012

Show Us Your Life Home Tour - Kitchen









In no way did I think my kitchen tour would be as long as what it is since it's the room I like the least in my house, but here we are, 15 photos later... {Lucky you! Yes, that's sarcasm you are reading!}...

This first shot is what you get when you you come in from the sliding side door into the house. This is the door we use the most as it leads out to the pergola and shed/garden. Straight away you see my hutch which I bought just after we were married. I have always struggled with what to put on it {I SO wish I could decorate!} and just lately have gone with my cactus.. Which aren't real because if you remember, I kill real plants! I have had the urge lately to either replace the hutch or maybe paint it?? I don't know just yet...



This next shot is of my VERY white, VERY plain and VERY boring kitchen... When we were first looking for a house to buy I wanted 3 things... A large laundry {which I didn't get}, an on-suite because I didn't want to share my bathroom with teenage boys {which I got} and a gorgeous kitchen with an out of the way spot for my microwave... As you can see I didn't get that either... BUT I have BIG plans and next year we are going to get the kitchen renovated!!! Ya!!



This is a shot of the kitchen from the dinning area corner... I LOVE my big square table by the way!!



This is my wire flower. I got it as a birthday present from two of my close Naracoorte friends Sue and Tanya about 6 years ago... It still is one of my favourite things that I have hanging on my wall!



This is a painting I bought last year when I was shopping with Wendy. I found it in a little poky store that has all these gorgeous works of art and not a print in sight, not that I'm an art snob or anything, it was just nice to buy the real thing for once and I can say "I own art".... Anyway, as you can probably work out by now I love flowers and this particular piece fitted my style perfectly and also into the space I wanted it to go...



This is my candelabra I bought about a hundred years ago... It's totally me and so it stays..
 


 This Tall Boy is an heirloom from Andy's dad's side of the family. We "think" it's about 150 years old and came out from England with some of his relatives on a ship. When it was given to us the first thing I said to Andy was "That THING is NOT going in my house" ... You have to understand it was in terrible condition and was falling to bits and was... well, stinky! I really wish I had some before shots so I could show you how beautifully it has been restored... Speaking of.....When we moved here we were lucky enough to have for our next door neighbors Lisa and Darin. Not only are they the best neighbors we have ever had but Darin can restore furniture!!! When he looked at this he said, yeah he could do it just give him a month because he would do it in his spare time... He only took a week and  it only cost us about $200... He is amazing and so now is our gorgeous Tall Boy...



 A view from the kitchen to the dinning area... 



These prints are a gift from my mum. She bought them for me just after BJ was born to cheer me up {post natal depression} and when I was going through my "Country Cluttered" phase. Mum passed away 7 years ago and I just haven't the heart to take them down... I look at them and smile because she gave them to me... Ok, enough about that or I will drown my keyboard in tears...Again!



I bought this last year when I was in Penola and out with my sister. It was originally white but to go with the paint and decor {what there is of it} Andy spray painted it black for me and now it hangs above the kitchen window... 



A shot of my kitchen bench. I am replacing the coffee, sugar and tea canisters with really nice ones I found in a store here in Strath. They are black and white and as I am hoping to get wood style new bench tops in the redo I thought they would look really nice instead of  a wood on wood thing...



A shot of my fridge and yucky cupboard doors... I want to get creamy nice new doors with silver long handles...or no handles at all. My fridge looks a bit dented but it's just the reflection... I am going to replace my utensil holder too when I get the new canisters.



Ahhhh my messy pantry! Messy I hear you scoff... Well, it may look neat from this angle but if you went in there and looked to your right you would agree with me....



These are my impulse buying candle sticks. When I bought these {About two years ago} They were a really light wood colour and I really liked them but not so much the colour of them... Then late last year I said to my BFF that I think I might want to paint them and Wendy suggested that a really dark brown would look great against the paint... And that's what I did and now I LOVE them!



One more shot of the kitchen looking in from the Family Room... Which is next on my home tour!






1 comment :

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! Your kitchen is so spacious and beautiful!! I love that you shared these photos!