Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SMASH*ing The Day Away... Me!







 As I am starting to settle in to the new year, which by the way, is going 
too fast, one of the many things I wanted to do this year was try new and
different things. I want to go on an overseas holiday, well that's all booked
I just have to wait till August. I want to redecorate the house... That takes
money and time... but I have BIG ideas! I want to learn more about 
photography and take some chances and not be afraid to mess it up.
I want to paint and scrapbook, which has fallen by the wayside these last
few years, cause I really miss that side of expressing myself...I want to
enjoy life with my husband and kids and do stuff more as a family because 
all too soon the kids will have their own lives and want to live them...  So
where do I start?

 My friend Kellie Winnell from "Give a Girl a Blog" has introduced
me to a lot of new and interesting things. For example Instagram and
Project Life just to name a few, she also has introduced me to 
SMASH* booking! Kellie has also started a SMASH*aholics FB
 page for those of you that might me interested in checking out HERE.

 I was SO nerves when my lovely green SMASH* book arrived in the
mail.. I mean, I was really clueless, what was I supposed to do with
all these pages? After visiting a few blogs and reading a few things about
SMASH*booking I decided to pick a theme and go from there.. What was
the easiest theme I could think of? Well... ME!! So here are my first two
pages...



I stamped the ME on with paint...



 



 I have already done another few pages but I will show you them a bit later.
So there you go... Some thing very different for me. I said to the girls on the
SMASH*aholics FB page that I might have over thought this page while
I was doing creating it, but now that I have had a chance to sit back and look
at it I think not....This is just my style of doing things!





Kellie, if your reading this I "borrowed" your SMASH* header idea, I hope
you don't mind.. If you do let me know and I will take it down... Xx


2 comments :

angie ashuk said...

LOL, I joined that fb group 2 weeks ago...sadly though, I haven't done one page in it yet:( Yours looks amazing. jealous about your trip too :)

Judy said...

I've just discovered your blog Joanne and I really love your style of cardmaking. I think I remember your name from a magazine article you wrote sometime in the past, in which you painted some cards which I really admired. I like your daily photos too. You are really building up a picture of your life in 2012 - it will be a great keepsake for the future I'm sure.

As for the Smash books, well I too have the book and the pen and some stickers, all the works, but I just haven't been brave enough to do even the first page. Yours is fantastic, I love it. I just need to build up the courage to go for it and stop worrying about spoiling a piece of paper! Aren't we funny, I think it's all part of the crafter's disease we are blessed with.

Anyway, I'm going to be a follower of your blog if you don't mind, and I hope that your work will encourage me to get cracking with some of my own.
Thanks for all the inspiration, you are very talented, and thank you too for taking the time to share it with us all Love Judyx