Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie May Release - Day One!!

 
 
It's that time again...
 
Kraftin' Kimmie's May Release Day 1!!
 
This month we have 6 awesome "Girl" images from our
amazing Annie Rodrigue. We have 5 gorgeous new images
from Steven Leary. We have another set of Kimmie's
"Krafty Quotes" ...and today Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is thrilled
to introduce a new artist to the mix..her name is Cheryl Alger!
 
You may recognize her name from "Sassy Cheryl's" where
 she creates digital art. Cheryl is creating a brand NEW line of
 images, specifically for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! These stamps
 will ONLY be available at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and ONLY
 as unmounted rubber stamps! Now here's a bit about Cheryl!
 
I grew up outside of Staunton, Virginia, but now live in the
 Richmond, Virginia. I absolutely LOVE to draw and always
carry a small sketchbook with me in case inspiration strikes
 me while I'm out and about.
 
I have been creating digital art now for about 12 years now
and have licensed my work to companies such as
 Kohl's, Hobby Lobby and Shopko, among others, for over
 eight years. I started creating digital images about two years ago.
 It's been a lifelong dream to become a working artist,
and besides deadlines, I LOVE everything about what I do!
 It really helps that I have a very supportive husband
and son (they also can be my biggest critics!
I have to admit, I LOVE my job!
 
Cheryl has designed 3 new absolutely gorgeous images that
Kimmie is releasing this month...And this is just one of them
 
"Spring Friends"

 


For my card I cased a sketch from the very sweet and awesome
 Jodi Collins. The papers are from Jillibean Soup's 6x6 paper pad
 "Blossom Soup". And the "Sweet Springtime" sentiment comes
 with this gorgeous image.

The border punch is a Fiskars one and the flower is just one
 of many that I had in my stash...It was actually white and I used
some Tsukineko Dew Drop, Brilliance ink to colour it pink
...It's called Pearlescent Orchid.




I coloured the image in with my Prisma pencils...
And yes, I know, Lady Bugs have black spots, white
just looked better...LOL!!



 
 
To finish off the card I stamped the image again and added some
more of the paper...
 
Now...We have three more days of sharing Kimmie's new
May Stamp Release and Quotes so make sure you come back
tomorrow and have a look... And you should pop over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
and see all the amazing cards that the fabulous
Krafty Girls and our AMAZING Krafty Guestshave made as well!

AND...Don't forget the
Kraftin' Kimmie Release Day Blog Hop on Sunday 15thALL the images and quotes will be available for sale from then on!!

Thanks For Looking!!
 

35 comments :

Brigitte said...

I love your card and specially the special touch with the inside!!! Great job!
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

petra,s cards said...

wauw stunning card!!! great colours and lay out!
xx petra

Steph said...

Such a beautiful card - I love the papers.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Lovin' this card. Just beautiful.
And I love the extra stamp image to finish it off. Gorgeous.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oooooo, I LOVE those papers....now you know I'm going to have to go look for them! haha! And what a perfect colour combo for this little cutie!! She's a stunner, Donna!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Love your color choice.

Dorte said...

What a cute new image, she is lovely, and your card so pretty.
hugs Dorte

Lisa said...

soo sweeet

C said...

Great idea to stamp her again on the inside...I know a little girl who'd love to color this sweet image. Great job!!

Rachel G said...

So adorable! love your layout and colors and love the stamp!

Michele Boyer said...

So sweet!! I love the finished inside as much as the outside! :)

Lillian Child said...

Beautiful coloring, Donna! Love your creation!

Heidi Brawley said...

love your card. the layout, the papers, your great coloring!!!
~Heidi Brawley

candi said...

Wowie! Gorgeous! I love the papers you used & the coloring is wonderful!

Marilyn said...

Wonderful card and you have presented her beautifully! Such cute images!!

Inge Groot said...

Beautiful card, love all the dp you've used and your coloring looks fab!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous, I love the decorated inside too :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

mimi.bricole said...

this is such a delightful card you've made!
what a great idea to stamp also inside of card...

Angie said...

Your card looks terrific!! I like the white spots on the lady bug :) and I love the bw image inside the card, nice touch.

Pat Jandacek said...

This blog hop is definitely inspiring me to use more dp. A great layout, darling image, and great coloring. TFS

Liz said...

cute!!!!

stampencamper said...

what a fun image, and such a colorful card

Melanie said...

Another beautiful card Donna. Love the papers. It is strange to see a different artists images!

Jenn Joncas said...

I love how you stamp on the inside too!! Your card is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card, i'm lovin this little girl!!!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very sweet card, I like the way the image and design paper are used inside the card as well.

Tracey said...

Donna, this is gorgeous!!

Andrea Murdock said...

pffftt- ladybugs so do not have to have black spots!! In my world their spots are whatever colour I need them to be for my card lmbo!!! consider yourself now part of my world girl! I adore your colouring as ALWAYS ...wish you lived closer so you could teach me how to use those pencils like a magic wand! And the papers are perfect! And the sketch...well don't be surprised if you see it on one of my cards in the next few days hee hee! love you to bits my gorgeous friend xo

jkreucher said...

WOW! Your coloring is absolutely wonderful. such a fantastic creation! Loving everything!
Judy

Brenna said...

she is adorable!! the isnide is great, stamping the iamge again is a fantastic idea!!! tfs
brenna
rbanderson!live.ca

Ann said...

Beautiful card and I love how you finished off the inside! I'm often doing the inside of cards last minute before getting them ready to send off.

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card! I really like the papers you chose and the "interior decorating" finishes it off so well.

Unknown said...

I love that you did the inside! It is adorable and makes the card!

Cynthia said...

Adorable! Great use of this sketch with Cheryl's new image.

Welcome! said...

I meant to comment on this earlier this week, but had to come back to tell you how much I looove this card! We used the exact same paper - great minds think alike!
hugs, K