Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie May Release - Day One!!

 
 
It's that time again...
 
Kraftin' Kimmie's May Release Day 1!!
 
This month we have 6 awesome "Girl" images from our
amazing Annie Rodrigue. We have 5 gorgeous new images
from Steven Leary. We have another set of Kimmie's
"Krafty Quotes" ...and today Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is thrilled
to introduce a new artist to the mix..her name is Cheryl Alger!
 
You may recognize her name from "Sassy Cheryl's" where
 she creates digital art. Cheryl is creating a brand NEW line of
 images, specifically for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! These stamps
 will ONLY be available at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and ONLY
 as unmounted rubber stamps! Now here's a bit about Cheryl!
 
I grew up outside of Staunton, Virginia, but now live in the
 Richmond, Virginia. I absolutely LOVE to draw and always
carry a small sketchbook with me in case inspiration strikes
 me while I'm out and about.
 
I have been creating digital art now for about 12 years now
and have licensed my work to companies such as
 Kohl's, Hobby Lobby and Shopko, among others, for over
 eight years. I started creating digital images about two years ago.
 It's been a lifelong dream to become a working artist,
and besides deadlines, I LOVE everything about what I do!
 It really helps that I have a very supportive husband
and son (they also can be my biggest critics!
I have to admit, I LOVE my job!
 
Cheryl has designed 3 new absolutely gorgeous images that
Kimmie is releasing this month...And this is just one of them
 
"Spring Friends"

 


For my card I cased a sketch from the very sweet and awesome
 Jodi Collins. The papers are from Jillibean Soup's 6x6 paper pad
 "Blossom Soup". And the "Sweet Springtime" sentiment comes
 with this gorgeous image.

The border punch is a Fiskars one and the flower is just one
 of many that I had in my stash...It was actually white and I used
some Tsukineko Dew Drop, Brilliance ink to colour it pink
...It's called Pearlescent Orchid.




I coloured the image in with my Prisma pencils...
And yes, I know, Lady Bugs have black spots, white
just looked better...LOL!!



 
 
To finish off the card I stamped the image again and added some
more of the paper...
 
Now...We have three more days of sharing Kimmie's new
May Stamp Release and Quotes so make sure you come back
tomorrow and have a look... And you should pop over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
and see all the amazing cards that the fabulous
Krafty Girls and our AMAZING Krafty Guestshave made as well!

AND...Don't forget the
Kraftin' Kimmie Release Day Blog Hop on Sunday 15thALL the images and quotes will be available for sale from then on!!

Thanks For Looking!!
 
Post a Comment