Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #63 - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! ... And A Little Bit of Balance!

 
 
Let me just say... I REALLY wish I had more hours in my day!!
 
I love stamping, colouring and making cards with a passion, but
with this awesome hobby comes the awesome amount of money
that you can spend on it. So, then comes the responsibility of
going out there and getting a job to support this awesome hobby,
 not to mention all the nice things that I want and like. Throw in there
 a couple of (nearly) teenage boys who have just had 7 weeks off
 school, a husband who has to travel for his work and whom I want
 to spend some quality time with when he's home, and my BFF that
 I HAVE to see at least once a week ....Cause she is my sanity!
  
I know we ALL have busy lives but I can safely say and I am also
proud to say after having a very, very hard year for me last year,
 I have finally found balance in my life.... Dare I say it?!
Yes! I am HAPPY!!
And I want to say "Thank You" to all of you that have stuck with me
and supported me and were so very patient with me....
You rock and I will never be able to express how much that
 support means to me!
 
But enough of me rambling on...
It's time for what you really came here to see... A
 
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!
 
This week the absolutely gorgeous Mel has come up with...
 
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!!
 
That's right, Mel would like you to use up or reuse or maybe
recycle something from your stash....
 
I kind of cheated this week...I took the easy option and just
went for the REUSE bit of the challenge...
 
 


You remember Drucilla don't you?!

Well, Drucilla is one of my ABSOLUTE favourite Kraftin' Kimmie
images. And I thought I would REUSE her for this challenge....
You could, If you wanted to get technical, say that I even
REUSED the lace that is on the card and the gorgeous Martha
Stewart border punch... But not the papers. They are all brand
new and come from Echo Park's "A Walk in the Park" collection.

 You can find Drucilla at the Kraftin' Kimmie Store.
She will only cost you $8.00 US and  You will also receive
 with her a bonus heart locket accessory stamp!




I paper pieced Drucilla's dress and used my Prisma pencils
to colour the rest of the image in. The "Be Naughty" is from
Kimmie's Sassy Sentiments.



 
 
 I decorated the inside with more of the gorgeous paper and the MS
border punch and then stamped "It's Your Day" from Kimmie's
Everyday Sentiments inside...
 
 
  Now, if you would like to play along with us all
you need to do is head on over to the
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog
checkout all the details and then go and make
 something that you have
 Reduced, Reused or Recycled
.....Easy!!!
AND if you use a Kraftin' Kimmie image you could
win the very gorgeous image of
Stella Strawberrythat Mel has featured on her card today...

Thanks For Looking!!
 
 
 

6 comments :

Alyssa S said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!! I adore this card! Your coloring, layout, papers and well, just everything, are pure perfection!!

So glad you are happy, sweet Donna!

Jen Shults said...

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this (mostly cause I just like the word) LOL! LOVE this. Gorgeous as always and she's one of my favorites!!! Fantastic card hon!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH sweetie, I'm SO glad that you are HAPPY! What a weight lifted, right?? Do you feel like you can breathe now?? Super big hugs to you, my friend!

And Drucilla looks awesome!! Always love your layouts and colour combos!!

Mary J said...

I'm so pleased that your life is on track and - most importantly - is making you happy!

I love your card - you are sooo good at this creativity stuff!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh, hun, I am glad to read that things have turned the corner for you and that you are HAPPY! YAY! I am HAPPY for you! It is a challenge finding that balance though, isn't it!?
Well, I am totally in love with your card, hun and those Echo Park Papers are scrumptious and Drucilla looks soooooo gorgeous! Love this card to bits!!!!
Big hugs,t

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this!! Great colors!!