Saturday, January 8, 2011

KKSC #60 - No Ribbons, Lace or Fibres....



Hello and a very "Happy New Year" to you !!

 I am glad to say my mojo and I have had a great rest over the month
of December and the Christmas/New Year break and we
are ready to tackle some new and exciting challenges and not forgetting
the incredible releases from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
...and maybe a few other blogs as well!

But first things first, our very first
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge
for 2011. This challenge is from our very talented
and gorgeous Michele...

"No Ribbons, Lace or Fibres"

I was blog hopping the other day and saw this awesome sketch

 

from I{heart}2stamp the amazing Jen del Muro's blog and thought
I might join in on the fun. And this is what I came up with...



This adorable little guy is Curtis
(named after Kimmie's nephew who loves to fish)
 and is designed by artist Annie Rodrigue
 The size of the stamp is approximately 3.25 x 2.5 inches and you
 will receive this stamp in unmounted deeply etched grey rubber.
You will also receive the coordinating sentiment stamp,
 Fishin' You a Great Day!

You can find Curtis in the
for only $10.00.

I stocked up on some new papers while I was taking a break and came
across a gorgeous paper pad called "Marjolaine" by Basic Grey.
I thought that the boy tones on the DP would be perfect for Curtis.



I coloured him in with my Prisma's and the border punch
is from Fiskas and the brads I picked up from somewhere....


I decorated the inside with more of the gorgeous papers and stamped
Curtis on the white, pinching the idea from our very gorgeous and
 talented hostess Michele....


Oh, and I had to put this on as well


 
....Cause he looks so happy and those teenage
hormone things are starting to show their ugly head
and this is a rare and gorgeous moment.

 

8 comments :

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous card!! I think the papers go perfectly! Miss you lots and lots! Cam looks happy and taller! :) LY!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH your card is gorgeous, hun! Love those papers and they go perfectly with Curtis!! And I love how you stamped him on the inside too! Awesome!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO excited to be a krafty guest w/ yo uguys again this month-I have missed catching up with you! Hope your New Year is FABULOUS!!! xoxo

Nana Diana said...

Hi Donna, I love what you have done with Curtis, the colours are perfect and so is the layout, love it!!

Welcome! said...

Hi ya Donna! Looove this card! Perfect colours, you always put your cards together perfectly! Love the pic of your son! CUTE!
Hugs, K

Michele Boyer said...

Love this, Donna, inside and out!! :)

Jen Shults said...

Love this Donna! It's great to see you back at it! Wonderful job! Miss you girl!!

Evelyn said...

Donna, I just discovered the inside - it is fantastic!