Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Kraftin' Cute Card Thursday Challenge!

Hey Everyone...

Hoping your Thursday is going really well and surprise, surprise....
I have some exciting news to share with you!

If you haven't heard already
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps
is on the verge of releasing some the new January images!!
.... And OME...
These images are just simply amazing and are going to knock your socks off!!


Over the next few days I will be posting just some of
what on offer for you to buy,
if you want to see the rest I suggest you hop on over to the
Kraftin Kimmie Challenge Blog
or just click onto Krafty Girls links which you can find
in the side bar.... you know, under "Krafty Girls".

Anyway, the reason for this post was to tell you that
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is the sponsor for
Cute Card Thursday this week.

Now, this is my first time doing a challenge for
Cute Card Thursday
and this weeks theme is "New".
So Kimmie let us use our new stamps....hehehehe....How cool is she!!!
(she says with a big stupid grin on her face!...again)

So here is my card....

Meet Genevieve ...




Genevieve is designed by the awesome Annie Rodrigue and
comes from the "Steampunk line".

I dug through some of my October Afternoon DP till I found this one called "Woolworths" and although I had a real urge to colour Genevieve in pink
I went with blue instead ...cause I reckon this "Sassy Lass"
( that's what my hubby called her)
can do anything and I don't think she would be a pink and frilly girl...
Don't take my word for it...This is just my interpretation of her...lol!



I distressed around the edges to give her an old worldly sort of feel, yeah, ok, I distress everything but this time is was with a purpose in mind!
And of course I used my Prisma's to colour Genevieve in...
Then I used one of the really cool sentiments from the
Steampunk Sentiment set
(did you know that the very talented Jeanne from the Krafty Girls makes these up...
I only found out today! Jeanne your awesome!).
I added some buttons and there you have it!

Do you know how much fun I am having working
with these talented awesome ladies.
..Just sayin'...again!

So go on over to the
Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog
and see all amazingly talented ladies there
..And you might even get to see some of the
Krafty Girls showing off their new images too!


Thanks For Looking!




18 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh I have to go see the others love the card and cute image

Love Dawn xx

Vicki G said...

Donna, she is PERFECT!!! Just LOVE her!!!

Vicki

MarkerGeek said...

This is fabulous, Donna!

Mary Giles said...

She is fabulous and soo spunky! I just put in my first order yesterday for these cuties and can't wait to play with them. I LOVE the layout and the papers you picked is perfect. Of course your coloring is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Love your coloring and your card. Well done!
Hugs,
Em

Jen Shults said...

Wow, Donna! She is super cute and I love the blue... your right I think she would prefer that... though you should still color her with pink just to see. :D I love this layout and that paper. Your paper always makes me wish I had your Ausie paper store here... I have serious paper envy. Congrats on your first new release. I can't wait to see more!!!! Xx

Christi said...

Donna, you are a perfect artist for these stamps...You always create perfection with them! I love this!!! smiles...

Cheryl said...

Hey Donna...Your Genevieve is awesome girl! Very bold, awesome coloring job...great papers and I love those buttons too! : )

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Such a fantastic job, Donna!! I canNOT believe that you get such rich colours on your images with Prisma pencils!! Your colouring is amazing!! And we LOVE having you Donna!!! You're doing a great job!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Perfect beauty! She is so sassy! Love her and your card!
TFS :*)
~ margie

Bec said...

just stunning donna.. i love the rich colours.. bec xx

Yvette said...

Oh I LOVE the blue and green on her. You really made her pop! The colors are so vibrant and your layout is fantastic as always!! You ROCK!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhh my word ...AMAZING!!!!! Your coloring is OFF THE CHARTS wonderful and these new image previews...ahhh my wallet, LOL!!! Love it, girl@!!!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is perfect, Donna! I just love her with her big attitude! "Sassy lass" is a good way to describe her...I was thinking "butt kicker." lol.

And thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my blog! You made my day!

Randi said...

EXCITING! Another stunning card Donna! I just adore your creations with these KK stamps! You really bring out the personality in them!!

WickedPixie said...

Donna, this is gorgeous!! I love steam punk! I think you do fabulous work all of the time, but I am SO loving what you are doing with these Kimmie images!! :-)Traci

Tracey said...

What a great image and an incredible card!

Alyssa S said...

Wow! That blue just jumps off the page! She is perfect in her little tomboy colors ;o)